Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2019, 07:43 PM   #21

Tank tap is on the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie D View Post
Looks like you need to tilt the RV in order to drain the tank
Not the best design
Often the tank tap is on the side of the tank, not the bottom. Given the margin needed for the tap flange, etc. it might be an inch from the bottom.

You need to look at the tank to see which side the connection is on: front back, driver-side, passenger-side, and then park so that side is down.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:40 AM   #22
edm

I always drain my tank at the end of the season by opening the drain under the right side cabinet. After it has drained as much at it can setting level I will run the left side up on blocks or use the leveling jacks to tip the coach to the right. This will drain almost all of the water out. Then I will leave the plug out of the drain just incase some water gets in the drain pipe when driving.
Good luck and happy travels.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 04:51 AM   #23

I have a 2019 FR3 32DS. I have the same problem with the fresh water drain being located on the side of the water tank rather than the bottom. After our final camping trip of the season, I took the plug out of the fresh water tank drain (next to the other low point drain). I then drove approximately 2 hours home. When I got home the fresh water tank had completely drained from the water sloshing around. I thought I would have to tilt the whole rig to the passenger side where the drain is when I got home, but luckily all the water was gone. I hope this helps.
bvorndra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:31 PM   #24

My 2015 30DS has the outlet on the side also and will not drain completely. What I do is pump 5 gallons on RV anti-freeze into it thru the fresh water fill port and use the 12volt pump to distribute the solution thru the system for winterization.
colmbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 01:31 PM   #25

Every time I need to drain the fresh water tank, I drain it as far as I can with the low point drain, then use the revelers to tilt the coach to the right. Let it drain for another half hour or so and then re-level. It seems to be the only way. Even then there will still be a minute amount left in the tank.
PhotoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:35 PM   #26
Trailer Park Supervisor

Not really answering the question, but diluted bleach will not harm your plumbing/water tank. It is used in swimming pools with vinyl lines and plastic plumbing all the time. You will be long dead before your water tank disintegrates from using dilute bleach to sanitize.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fresh water, tank, water, water tank