Old 07-19-2015, 01:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktom View Post
That's what we do. I fill the tank to 1/3 just in case the need arise and there not a rest area near by.
Me Too.

#1-18' Nomad #2- 20' Mallard #3- 27' Sunline #4- Four Winds C #5- Innsbruck 40' PARK # 6- 28' Amerilite #7- Forest River 26.5 FW ( 1st FW)
SULTINI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:31 PM   #12

I've got a Rock Signature Ultra Light, 8315BSS, my Fresh Water Drain is on street side, with a label "Fresh Water Drain". It's tucked under the RV, next to the frame, on the opposite side of the RV from the fresh water tank fill, with a valve, not a cap. I just turn it and the tank drains. You may have the same type of drain, search around the outside. I agree with French, whey care an extra 300 to 400 lbs. of water around" We just carry enough to flush the toilet if necessary.

Old 07-19-2015, 03:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrob1161 View Post
I've got a Rock Signature Ultra Light, 8315BSS, my Fresh Water Drain is on street side, with a label "Fresh Water Drain". It's tucked under the RV, next to the frame, on the opposite side of the RV from the fresh water tank fill, with a valve, not a cap. I just turn it and the tank drains. You may have the same type of drain, search around the outside. I agree with French, whey care an extra 300 to 400 lbs. of water around" We just carry enough to flush the toilet if necessary.
On my 8280ss there is a drain valve right under the water connections. Just open it and forget it for a while. Always empty at the park.

Before going out the next time I add 5 or 6 gallons plus have a 5 gallon jug I can use my pump on if needed. That is for emergencies on the way home sense my FW tank is empty.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4H8A5628-1a.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	83357  
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:55 AM   #14

I'm new to this as well. When I took delivery of my 2014 Georgetown 270SS, I was told the water tank was already filled. I don't know if they did this because I was going to spend 2 days at the KOA to see how everything worked. I can't see where I drain it at. Could I have just run the faucet at the campsite and let it drain with the gray water?
Old 07-20-2015, 09:21 AM   #15

Send a message via Skype™ to pontiacdan45
I have a Rock 5er 8289 ws and there is a label on the street side, in the rear for the fresh water drain. MY QUESTION, since I'm new is if I'm using city water exclusively, should I drain my fresh water tank? I sanitized my tank before I left and put in 2/3 rds of a tank. How long should I keep that water before I drain it on my 3 week trip. I'm now two weeks into it and haven't used the fresh water much. Also I use the low point drain only prior to storage. Am I missing something?

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8289 ws
2015 GMC Crew Cab 2500HD Gas:
pontiacdan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 07:03 AM   #16

Pontiacdan45We have the same brand rig with similar water capacities. Because you have access to fresh city water you really won't need the on board water until that changes ie you move campgrounds or travel. I would not drink the water out of my fresh water tank (sanitized or not) because it sits there in that big plastic tank all day every day. We use it to wash hands, dishes and flush toilet only and only if there is no fresh city water available. With that in mind I would only keep 5 gallons on board and drain rest. 1 gallon weighs 8 lbs. if your boon docking travel light and find water close to your camping destination and fill up there just my 2 cents
2015 Rockwood 8285IKWS Diamond
Jokes about German sausage are the wurst
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:14 AM   #17

Send a message via Skype™ to pontiacdan45
Thanks French. Draining most of it now.

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8289 ws
2015 GMC Crew Cab 2500HD Gas:
pontiacdan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:11 PM   #18

:roll eyes:

I went to HD and bought plastic valves that screw into the end of the nuts. Now I just turn the valve to empty.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:22 PM   #19

Remove the plug from the fresh water holding tank as you leave the campground. As you drive it will empty on the road and by the time you get home the water will be all gone.

Tags
drain, fresh water, tank, water, water tank

« CHF | Leak Issues »