Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2015, 12:57 PM   #1
Tents2RV

DVD is finally playing on outside TV

Sorry if there is already a thread about this. Couldn't find one specific to this. We have a 2015 FR3 30DS that wasn't playing DVD's on the outside TV. I looked at the 24" Furion manual (page 6) "Overview of back panel" and discovered the identification of the ports is incorrect. No. 5 "video- input should point to the port to the right of the one pictured. It seems that the Forest River assemblers of this unit followed the Furion diagram to the letter and wired it incorrectly. Changed the video feed to the next port to the right and it worked perfectly!
c0nnd0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:38 PM   #2

This worked for me. It was driving me nuts as to why I couldn't get the dvd to play outside.
Iplayjems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:25 PM   #3
Tents2RV

Glad it worked for you too!
Old 09-17-2015, 06:19 PM   #4

c0nnd0r - when you say that you "changed the video feed to the next port to the right" was this on the back of the TV?
depmgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
Tents2RV

Reply to depmgt

Yes it was on the back of the TV. Hope this works for you
Old 09-29-2015, 11:33 AM   #6

Thank you so much. I took your advice and it worked. My outside TV now plays DVD's. I can't believe it worked. With my luck I was sure mine would be a new problem no one else has heard of yet.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #7
Tents2RV

You are welcome! Glad it worked.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #8

Would that allow DVD on the bedroom tv also?
Buckeye Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:52 PM   #9
Tents2RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Traveler View Post
Would that allow DVD on the bedroom tv also?
It did not for me. It only worked on the outside TV. Sorry
Old 01-29-2016, 03:20 PM   #10

How do you access the ports on the outside TV? From the inside, behind the couch? I have yet to attempt to remove it from its mount or try to access the backside.

I wandered if the outside TV was setup with the inside DVD player. My inside TV of the kitchen in my 32DS is connected to the DVD, it seemed to only make sense the outside was as well. But outside does not work with DVD, no I know why.
linchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:28 PM   #11
Tents2RV

linchat

I was able to lift the outside TV straight up and off to access the ports. I had to balance it with one hand and change the cable to the correct port with the other.
Hope this helps!
Old 01-30-2016, 12:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by linchat View Post
How do you access the ports on the outside TV? From the inside, behind the couch? I have yet to attempt to remove it from its mount or try to access the backside.

I wandered if the outside TV was setup with the inside DVD player. My inside TV of the kitchen in my 32DS is connected to the DVD, it seemed to only make sense the outside was as well. But outside does not work with DVD, no I know why.
To access the ports on the outside TV you hold both sides of the TV and lift up. The TV sits in two little brackets and easily lifts off. Once you switch the port on back, the outside TV will now play DVD's from the inside DVD player.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:11 AM   #13

After removing the tv just found the cable was loose. All was hooked up prop from forest river, just cable a tad loose. Thanks for reply. 2016 32 ds
linchat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd