Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2016, 08:24 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 6
Question Electric step operation

Just got my FR3, and noticed that when I turned the engine off, the electric steps wouldn't retract when the door closed. I was not hooked up to any power at the time - just parked it in my driveway.

Are the steps supposed to only work with the MH running? Do they work when on generator or shore power?


Side note, does anyone know of an online manual for the FR3 specifically? I looked at forest river, and only found a general Class A manual.


Going to be learning a lot about this coach in the next few weeks. I have a major trip starting on March 23rd and want to be comfortable with it by then.
__________________

__________________
rms62003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:48 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
fpo1123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Maurertown VA
Posts: 153
There should be a blue switch below your pantry. If it is turned on it will leave the stairs down. Flip the switch off.
__________________

__________________

MSG (Ret)
U.S. Army
Active-duty 66-92
2015 FR3 30DS
fpo1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:26 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Bobb36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Niles,MI
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpo1123 View Post
There should be a blue switch below your pantry. If it is turned on it will leave the stairs down. Flip the switch off.
X2
__________________
2014 FR3 30DS


2014 JEEP WRANGLER WILLYS
Bobb36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:11 PM   #4
from Cali
 
RV Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by rms62003 View Post
Just got my FR3, and noticed that when I turned the engine off, the electric steps wouldn't retract when the door closed. I was not hooked up to any power at the time - just parked it in my driveway.

Are the steps supposed to only work with the MH running? Do they work when on generator or shore power?
Like was said above. Check the small toggle switch at steps. One mode locks it out to stop it from retracting each time you close or open the door.

FYI, Even in that mode it will automatically retract when you put it in gear.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rms62003 View Post
Side note, does anyone know of an online manual for the FR3 specifically? I looked at forest river, and only found a general Class A manual.


Going to be learning a lot about this coach in the next few weeks. I have a major trip starting on March 23rd and want to be comfortable with it by then.
That was the first thing I looked for... I don't think any such animal exists. :/
__________________
______________________
2015 FR3 30DS
2014 Jeep Rubicon X
Central Coast of California
RV Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 12:46 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by rms62003 View Post
Side note, does anyone know of an online manual for the FR3 specifically? I looked at forest river, and only found a general Class A manual.
The documentation that came with our unit is just a hodgepodge of vendor manuals. Nothing specifically written for our Model. This forum is your best bet for info.
__________________
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 01:56 PM   #6
Member
 
PeteAndEd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 90
On our 2015 30DS FR3, the step switch is located on the same panel as your battery disconnect switch - just inside your coach at the inside steps, on the left side as you enter the coach. It's good to leave the steps out when you're parked dry camping or on shore power... that saves wear and tear on the steps going in and out and saves on your house batteries when dry camping.
__________________
FR3 2015 30DS
PeteAndEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:39 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 13
Our 28ds has a switch by the door. When switched on the stairs stay out as long as the motor is off. As soon as we start the coach the steps retract unless the door is open. Look by the door to see if you have a stairs switch.
__________________

__________________
drewandjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
electric

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 PM.