Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2017, 12:13 PM   #1

Engine codes P0300 and P0297

I pull a 2012 FIAT with my 2016 FR3, My last trip to Florida ( I live in Tennessee) the engine light came on. I took it to a local NAPA dealer where he ran the diagnostics and came up with these two codes. The P0300 says misfire and the P0297 says excessive speed ( I don't drive fast). The NAPA dealer couldn't do any further checks and directed me to a Ford dealer. The engine light went off before I got there. Said it fixes itself. It did it again on the return trip however, and went off when I was taking it to the shop for some warranty work. It seems to be related to when I tow the FIAT. Anybody familiar with this?
gchessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:32 AM   #2

Excessive speed code will sometimes trigger on a down hill run. Gravity will help you exceed the governed speed.
The misfire code I would just clear and see if it comes back. A little bad gas to a coil going bad can trigger this.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchessor View Post
I pull a 2012 FIAT with my 2016 FR3, My last trip to Florida ( I live in Tennessee) the engine light came on. I took it to a local NAPA dealer where he ran the diagnostics and came up with these two codes. The P0300 says misfire and the P0297 says excessive speed ( I don't drive fast). The NAPA dealer couldn't do any further checks and directed me to a Ford dealer. The engine light went off before I got there. Said it fixes itself. It did it again on the return trip however, and went off when I was taking it to the shop for some warranty work. It seems to be related to when I tow the FIAT. Anybody familiar with this?

I had the same problem had to go back to the Ford dealer three times before they told me it was a computer programming problem since they reprogrammedI have not had any more problems with delight it was a false reading one misfire
anthony mazziotto is offline   Reply With Quote