Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #1

Essential FR3 owners information

This will be a long read but without it I never would have bought my FR3. This is a link to a long running and still active FR3 forum at another site. It chronicles the FR3 from it's early release, issues found, solutions to problems, improvements and the evolution of the product as Forrest River reacted to issues.
FR3 - iRV2 Forums
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:52 AM   #2

All i know is that i am glad we walked away form the fr3
parpar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #3

Your Loss so far mine has been a genuine pleasure with none of the early problems.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #4

Have you used the over head bunk? We looked at the FR3 for two days. Probably opened and closed the over head bunk five or six times. By the last time almost all the screws had ripped out of the wood / frame. Lots of little stuff falling apart or not complete. Like no seals / caulking around any of the counter tops.. The biggest issue for my wife was the lack of interior storage space. And no where to really put stuff / junk for the passenger seat.

I loved the look of it but the other stuff made me walk away.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #5

Par
If you have some first hand knowledge of the quality level of a 2015 30DS please chip in. The issues you mention are addressed in the thread I linked to in he first post. Now what part of my second post didn't you understand? I have been following the progress of the FR3 in the thread I have linked to and the new 2015 unit I purchased did not have any of the early issues. I went over the unit with a microscope during the pre delivery inspection and thanks to the info posted in the linked thread knew what to look for. A FR3 is what it is and built to a price point, if the floor plan doesn't suit your needs by all means spend your money someplace else. I am more than happy with my entry level priced FR3.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #6

I have had my 30DS for 2 months and i am bringing it to the dealer for a windshield leak tomorrow.
welder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 12:54 PM   #7

z3406 yep is was a 2014. Ya dont have time to go read that whole post you have linked. Glad to hear they fixed everything. It was upsetting to see such a good looking ride be such a pile.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #8

http://www.irv2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210258

And here's the LINK for Upgrades and Mods for the FR3

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Online_17 is offline   Reply With Quote