Old 08-24-2018, 08:56 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by anolefan4life View Post
I just installed it for my my and toad. Only had one trip so far and lost the readings for all four tires on the toad. Will sync them one more time before I strike out again on the 31st. Hopefully will work on all 4 this time.
What sys do you have ???
Sounds like you need a Booster !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:29 AM   #42

EEZRV . Maybe. Eez tech said usually need a booster with large motorhomes with a lot of electronics. Mine's 32 ft and don't have a lot of electronics. Worked fine for 30 min. Will try again. Very helpful for tire monitoring.

anolefan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 09:32 AM   #43

We have Hawkshead TPM system with range extender on our 5er. Being able to monitor tire pressures while moving adds comfort/confidence. We limit speed to 45 mph for a couple miles until tire pressure increases a couple PSI. Weighed rig at RVSEF conference in KY in 2016 and were advised there to run RV tires at min of 70 PSI even though weight of rig would permit lower pressure. This is supposed to reduce mirotearing that can occur on tight turns (backing into tight sites) that leads to tread separation. 16k miles on RV at this point with no tire issues. Have "China bombs" the rig came with.
2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Aisin 3.42 axle SRW LB CC pucks auto level 25 gal aux fuel tank towing 2016 Primetime Crusader 315RST Trailer Blocks, Lippert Correct Trac added, Goodyear Endurance tires Hawkshead TPM Good Sams GPS/trip planner
Days Camped: 2016 - 17: 2017 - 24: 2018 - 86: 2019 - 82
762vram2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:11 PM   #44
Wildcat 313 RE

With our first camping trailer, we had a pretty ugly blowout on an extremely busy elevated interstate. By the time we got stopped, there was a lot of damage to the trailer, and by the time we drove (on the flat rim) off the highway, the rim was also damaged... Total damage was approaching $2000 by the time all was said and done.

When we upgraded to a used 2012 Wildcat 313RE 5th-wheel shortly after the above incident, we decided to install the EEZTIRE TPMS system. It works great, and allows you to keep tabs on the pressure and temps of all the tires. It adds great peace of mind, especially since the tires are "China bombs" that looked great, but came with the trailer, so we had no "history" on them.

On the way home from our trip, we got a TPMS alert and saw that the tire pressure was dropping fairly quickly. With that early heads up, we were able to get off the highway, and onto a road with a nice, wide shoulder, all while the "intact" tire was still hissing air... We must have run over a nail or something, as it was losing air steadily from a hole in the middle of the tread pattern. (Interestingly enough, it was the back tire, and the front was fine... What are the odds?)

So the EEZTIRE TPMS system worked exactly as advertised, and saved us from any damage that might have occurred had we kept driving in not-so-blissful ignorance...

I'm (literally) a very happy camper!
2015 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.5' and Duramax / Allison
Demco Hijacker Auto-Slider
JimParker256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:10 AM   #45

What I love about ours is I don't have to check the tire pressure for no reason !!!
Our Sunseeker is A PITA to check pressure !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire