Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2018, 08:04 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcarterhb1951 View Post
I have been using the external EEZTIRE TPMS system for 3 years, and it has worked perfectly. The peace of mind knowing the pressure and temp of all the tires, and that it will alert when there is a problem, is well worth the price!
First year for us,,, I use the anti-theft Sensors,,, without the anti-theft cap !!!
We have long flexible valve stems on two of the rear tires !!!
Have lost info on them a time or two when hitting a bad bump !!!
We turn the sys off and back on,,, and it then finds it again,,, guessing I should maybe Zip tie those to the Hub Cap !!! Hub Caps are Very Sharp !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:19 AM   #22

Can't go wrong with the TST 507 color.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:24 AM   #23

Something that I found out that was a must was steel valve stems. The weight of the monitor unit didn't do well for me on just the valve stem extenders. The rubber valves in the rims would sometimes leak due to the centrifugal force of the spinning tires. So I bought and then had installed these and all was well. It just seems to make physic sense. If you do decide to get these, buy some extra valve stem gasket o-rings. These stems are reusable but the roadside service people never seem to have the correct o-rings. Good travels with the monitor types you buy. Safe travels. Tires are something you never want to worry about. They create too much stress and a fun trip.
DL3FC Chrome Duallyvalve Kit

DavidMPDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:45 PM   #24

I have stainless steel hole mount retainers for the braided dually extenders. They are inexpensive and work great for checking and inflating the dually's.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:48 PM   #25

Contrarian opinion - no haters!

After much thought and from others experiences it became obvious - in my opinion - that sensors mounted INSIDE tires was preferable.

Heard too many stories of external sensors being stolen, I see now that external sensor vendors are now selling anti-theft devices to stop their sensors from walking off. All that means to me is more complexity.

After exhaustive research, I finally settled on the DILL Truck/ Trailer TPMS. You can buy these at America’s Tire, and even put them on your AT credit card with 0 interest for 6 months.

My FR3 pulls a single axle trailer, and after adding the possible spare tire - I needed to monitor 9 tires. That leaves me with 1 spare sensor in the event of a loss of sensor function. So for around 360.00 or so I purchased the 10 channel system.

The DILL doesn’t need signal boosters as the kit is supplied with a 30 foot antenna cable. This I ran above the drivers slide and used a large flat head wood screw to stick the incredibly powerful magnet mount under the antenna in place.

The DILL is not a “color tft led display” is not “smartphone app enabled” is not “AI cloud computing enabled”.

It’s like the system in new cars, it does it’s job
without drama.

Having checked the pressure accuracy, it’s nearly +\- 1 psi compared to my highly accurate bulb style air gauge.

I do not work for DILL!
repsolgamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:02 PM   #26

Repsolgamma please don't think there are haters. We all have opinions on what works best for each of us. This site is to bombard people with info (sometimes TMI) and let them make the choice. I have learned so much from this site about Rv life and never would have discovered half the products and fixes out there without these participants. Thank you FR members. I will even look at your suggestion of DILL just for the knowledge. Hope to hear you again

Old 08-11-2018, 05:15 PM   #27

I have to agree with David, this forum is a wealth of helpful information, and I too appreciate all the information and feed back.
I like the idea of the TPMR inside the tire, and I too do not all the other bells and whistle , just let me know I have an issue to address. Although I admit it would be interesting to know and keep track of what exactly is going on. Does that price include the installation of all the sensors in the tires. Is it the style that the valve stem is actually the sensor, My Durango has them.
Thanx to all
David
Old 08-15-2018, 11:27 AM   #28

I thought I would post this just in case anyone was wondering about the TT400c (which is what I have) that is no longer being made and the new TT500. I was concerned about parts and sensors. Here is the conversation I received within 12 hrs. Kudos to Mattew at TireTracker customer service.

My question:
Hello, I have had the TT400c on my motorhome for 5yrs. now and love it without any problems. Now I see you don't make it anymore. Does the new TT-500 series have enough changes for me to be concerned? Do the new tire sensors work with my version? Do the o-ring and seals still work with my version? Thank you for the info.

Response:
Matthew Lawrence <matthew@tiretraker.com>
Hi
Aside from an aesthetic change, we did add some new features to the TT-500. It has an auto-update, one-button auto-scroll, and a disconnect feature. While we don’t stock the TT-400’s any longer, all the accessories we carry (sensors, O-rings, sensor gaskets) are compatible with both models. So, all your existing accessories (less the charger for the TT-500 which is included) will work with the TT-500.

If I can answer any additional questions for you, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Safe Travels.

Matt
TireTraker™ Tire Monitoring Systems
Progressive Electrical Protection Systems
Telephone: 866-200-9773
Website: TireTrakerâ„¢ TPMS - Tire Pressure Monitoring System

I think praise is due these days where customer service is great. (Being it seems to be a lost art these days)

Old 08-16-2018, 05:13 PM   #29
Old Engineer

TST 507

TST 507, works great, excellent documentation, comes with repeater for towed.
FleckDreher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:50 PM   #30

X1 that

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcarterhb1951 View Post
I have been using the external EEZTIRE TPMS system for 3 years, and it has worked perfectly. The peace of mind knowing the pressure and temp of all the tires, and that it will alert when there is a problem, is well worth the price!

I feel the same way. Works perfectly and very happy with the product and the kind service they provide.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:38 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhamilton View Post
I feel the same way. Works perfectly and very happy with the product and the kind service they provide.

I use the same system and really appreciate it. Have considered adding 4 sensors to my flat tow. Anyone with this system, have experience using it on their 4 down towed?
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:33 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisurelarry View Post
I use the same system and really appreciate it. Have considered adding 4 sensors to my flat tow. Anyone with this system, have experience using it on their 4 down towed?
I think it would require a Booster,,,
Call EEZTIRE,,, they have a great service guy !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #33

Send a message via AIM to Davidnanna Send a message via MSN to Davidnanna
Tire Pressure Monitoring System

I've been using the EEZ TPMS for over 3 years (had it on my previous gas coach and transferred to my diesel)...super easy to set up, works great, and the telephone support is second to none! Highly recommend EEZ TPMS.
2016 Berkshire XLT 43b (diesel pusher)
Davidnanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:00 PM   #34

I have the sensors on both my tow car and our horse trailer. They work great, and we are extremely pleased with their service dept & customer relations. Great people to work with.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:39 PM   #35

Madsledet...what were the valve stem failures? Were the monitors the cause of the failures?
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:30 PM   #36
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Www.eezrvproducts.com
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:36 PM   #37
mads

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post
Madsledet...what were the valve stem failures? Were the monitors the cause of the failures?
I really don't know. Metal valve stems broke, too. All the breaks were at the rim. As you know the metal stems are embedded in rubber to seal the rim.

We drive a lot of miles - 70,000 in less than 3 years so problem show up quicker. I just felt that internal ones don't have stem failures so switched. People like the externals and I am hoping to sell them.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:37 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsledet View Post
I really don't know. Metal valve stems broke, too. All the breaks were at the rim. As you know the metal stems are embedded in rubber to seal the rim.

We drive a lot of miles - 70,000 in less than 3 years so problem show up quicker. I just felt that internal ones don't have stem failures so switched. People like the externals and I am hoping to sell them.
Thanks!
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:48 PM   #39

We have the TireTraker TT-500 and it works great.

"Red" my 2018 Ford Lariat F-150 4X4 W/ Max Tow pkg
"Rover" our 2018 Forest River Wildwood X-Lite 241qbxl
revbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 08:30 AM   #40

I just installed it for my my and toad. Only had one trip so far and lost the readings for all four tires on the toad. Will sync them one more time before I strike out again on the 31st. Hopefully will work on all 4 this time.
anolefan4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tire