Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2015, 08:08 PM   #11
I always carry in my RV. If I'm on BLM land, I always carry within my campground.

2015 FR3 30DS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

MaltnHops is offline   Reply
Old 11-01-2015, 08:28 PM   #12
Campground host Mo. State
A firearm is legal under the castle law, which would be the same in a vehicle as your home.

Photogirl is offline   Reply
Old 11-01-2015, 08:52 PM   #13
Originally Posted by Photogirl View Post
A firearm is legal under the castle law, which would be the same in a vehicle as your home.

Well that's not always true. It is very important to check with the state you plan to travel in to make sure you don't end up in very serious trouble. For example traveling to NY state and having a handgun of any kind is a big big Nono. Some long guns are ok but please do not depend on a forum for the final say on firearm laws. Check the site the Doc gave its a good one but also check with the state you are visiting to be safe.
Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply
Old 11-01-2015, 09:07 PM   #14
Its assumed the OP is trained. Isn't the purpose to carry for protection. So, if you're ever in danger and you understand the proper use under the circumstances, just live life, and be smart. Your never going to cover every law in every state you might travel in, the alternative is leave it home. I say be smart, quiet and hope you don't need to use it, but. IMO.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply
Old 11-01-2015, 09:50 PM   #15
I myself keep a Ruger revolver in our toy hauler at all times. Not for crazy people, but large game. We go places where there are bear and wild boar and therefore I plan on protecting myself ONLY if ABSOLUTELY necc. No one ever knows there is a loaded revolver in our rig because I feel it's just plain dumb to make it everyones business when the only reason its there is for self protection from large game.

I do see everyones points in this thread due to the simple fact that we live in a very different world than it was just 10 years ago. For example, threads such as this would have never stirred emotions 10 years ago. With all that said, do what is right for you, keep quiet about it and you will be the only one that knows what you are doing.

Know that I broke the cardinal rule and spilled my guts here....................

Guys n gals, please be respectful of each other and others thoughts and opinions. We are all entitled to them know matter how crazy they may seem to others. LOL
gilwilliams101 is offline   Reply
Old 11-01-2015, 09:53 PM   #16
Site Team - Lou
And thus another firearms thread is closed; pending review.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply
Closed Thread