Old 11-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #1

Angry First night. What a disappointment!!!!

2015 FR3 30DS

My family was so excited with our move from a toy hauler to a class A. Figured we should take it out for a night before loading it up just in case. What a disappointing first outing. Apparently my dealers idea of a pre delivery inspection is aiming a garden hose at the thing to knock off the dirt! We're not new to the RV world and realize how these things are built but this lack of inspection is over the top. My excitement in my choice of builder has faded rather quickly.

-Front door binding causing undo force to open and close
-kitchen sink leaking into cabinet
-Bathroom sink plumbing leaking so bad it quickly runs out on to floor. Tried tightening and didn't do a thing.
-only one family member was able to shower because it leaked so bad out the bottom of the shower track and beneath the shower unit where is meets the floor that water ran all the way to the back wall of the bedroom.
- heater worked well but when it reached temperature the fan would not shut off. Just ran constantly.
-freezer door outside panel dislodges every time you close it.
-A couple of the window coverings are too short to cover the window opening.
-large chip in the dinette top that we didn't notice when we picked it up.
-Outdoor TVs connection to the antenna is no good.
-horrible rattle under RV while driving. Sounds like the stairs but they are rock solid when you grab them.

And other minor issues. On the bright side it is a really comfortable inside and roomy for a 30 foot model. I hope my dealer doesn't make me wait forever to resolve these issues. Forest River get a clue. You obviously have people slapping these together with zero pride in workmanship!

Thank You to the Forum. It was a great source for research before I made my purchase. Sounds like the majority has had better luck then I.

Adam

Old 11-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #2

Sorry for all your problems, if you dealer is worth his salt he will fix all these problems. Good luck with everything, if you are not satisfied with the dealer you can always call FR direct.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:41 PM   #3

Sorry to hear about your FR3 woes. We bought a 2015 30 DS a couple of months ago, and had similar issues with workmanship. I will tell you though, the dealer has been semi-cooperative, and when we weren't satisfied with their service, we called Forest River directly. Although it has taken more effort than we think it should, we have finally had the issues resolved. Just don't accept excuses, and be persistent. In the end, we have a motor home that we are very happy with.

By the way, the fan runs all the time when using both the heater and the AC. You will notice the heater and AC compressor kicking on and off, but the fan stays on always. We were told this is how it is supposed to work. The fan is loud-we find ourselves turning the system off to watch TV.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 11-02-2014, 11:44 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Sorry for all your problems, if you dealer is worth his salt he will fix all these problems. Good luck with everything, if you are not satisfied with the dealer you can always call FR direct.
X2. Do not be afraid to go above your dealership if they aren't responsive or are taking a really long time.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:41 AM   #5

If the fan is not set to AU for automatic it will run all the time and both the AC and heat fan will run. https://www.dometic.com/1fa178a7-95b...0e4c7895.fodoc will take you to the manual if you are like us and didn't get one one. Fan on AU and the blower runs only with heat and cool and at two speeds.. There are several other nice features the dealer most likely didn't tell you about.

We had the same knock and yes the stairs seemed tight, but when I went under I found the rear bolts loose. Tightened then and the noise went away.

The new ant for the TV sucks. I found most of the connections loose, and the splitter connected wrong. We are looking to up grade next spring.

For the plumbing yea, the dealer should have found them and they should fix.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:01 AM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Did YOU not do a pdi WITH the dealer at the time of delivery?

Turbs
Old 11-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Did YOU not do a pdi WITH the dealer at the time of delivery?

Turbs
That's what I was wondering.

2015 Sierra 32QBBS-23 nights camped since the end of June 2014
2015-sorry to say only 11 nights so far, more to come though
Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:18 AM   #8

What kind of quality control program does forest river have? At the manufacturing facility, forest river needs to complete a comprehensive final inspection. Do other RV manufacturers have this type of quality program in place? Eventually, I will be in the market for a new RV but all of these problems related to poor quality makes me question if I should find another source RR.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakka323 View Post
What kind of quality control program does forest river have? At the manufacturing facility, forest river needs to complete a comprehensive final inspection. Do other RV manufacturers have this type of quality program in place? Eventually, I will be in the market for a new RV but all of these problems related to poor quality makes me question if I should find another source RR.
I can't complain. During my PDI, I took an outlet tester (with other things) and I found an open ground in the outlet outside bu the door. The mechanic opened the outlet and found a very small piece of paper twisted in the wire causing the issue. That was the only problem. I noticed later that a screen was missing, but the dealer knew about it and already had it ordered. I was told that it came in without the sofa and that was remedied immediately before they told me it was in. If the dealer actually cares about their name, they will find and fix this stuff before they let you see it, IMHO.

2015 Sierra 32QBBS-23 nights camped since the end of June 2014
2015-sorry to say only 11 nights so far, more to come though
Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakka323 View Post

I agree, it's now one year since we got our rig, and we still have issues with our 30ds. Iif Forest River wants us to brag about their product they better get their act together!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums