Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2018, 06:51 AM   #1

For owners of a FR3 32DS Question?

Mine will be ready to pick up in 3 days, but I have at least one question for now. I see the living room/kitchen TV is able to SLIDE sideways, but does it also swivel? Trading in my 2016 30DS on a 32DS. Just wanted the bunks, the larger Fridge, and a 50 amp X Package. No kids with us, but the DAWGS will like the lower sofa in the bunkhouse. ( Wife Unit's Idea )

I like everything except the placement of that TV.
Orider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:25 AM   #2

It does not swivel.

Agreed, the placement of the TV seems odd, especially when considering it is directly in front of a double door wall cabinet. However, I'm sure a great deal of thought went into that mounting method.

That being said, I'm not sure where else it could go.

I thought about some sort of alternative mount, even retrofitting a basic tilt/swivel style mount to the existing mount. I didn't spend a lot of time on it but my initial thoughts were:

1) Is there enough cable (power, RJ-6) slack to allow the TV to swivel, or project out? Not sure, and if there is not, I guess some short extensions might work.

2) Even for a basic retrofitted mount, would the resting or "folded in" projection dimension still allow the Kitchen / Table slide to come in all the way? I haven't gotten that far in my research to determine that.

3) Would we need a way to "lock" the TV in position so it wouldn't tilt/ swivel/project out when on the road? I used a velcro earthquake TV strap in our old RV to secure an articulating TV, but it was not as big as the one we are talking about.

So far no big ideas on this end, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one thinking about it.

Congratulations on your new FR3!
dathomas9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:30 AM   #3

We bought a 32DS in July of 2016, and yes the TV spot is annoying. At its current position 6 people could watch it, so I don't think there's a better spot.

Not sure how tall you or your wife are but I'm 5'9" and the stock pedestals for the driver and passengers seats were just a tad to high. It made driving on our first trip uncomfortable. I replace that 10" pedestal with a 7.5" pedestal and man did that make a difference. Probably the best upgrade I have done.

You probably already know this but there's a big RV show in Tampa, this week. We went last year, it was fun. Lots of cool stuff to see and buy if you want. Boondocking at the fairgrounds was fun also. Enjoy your new ride.

Tags
fr3