Old 06-03-2017, 10:37 AM   #1

Ford vs Forest River warranty issues.

The dash A/C blower in our 2016 fr3 30ds made a loud screeching noise and stopped working about 3 weeks ago. I called the dealership and described the issue to them. They told me the dash A/C was covered by fords warranty and take it to them.

I took it to the ford service center and was called back the 2 days later telling me that the dash A/C was not covered by their contract with forest river and would provide me with the documentation to take to the dealership. (We had a couple of other things that were warranty related to get repaired as well)

I get a call from the dealership telling me that they have tested all the FR installed equipment and that is is a ford issue. The service center pulled the fan blower motor and it bench tested fine.

To be continued.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #2

Sounds like the squirrel cage came off the motor or came loose. I'm sure it bench tested fine. Is it working now?

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #3

No, still inop. My first thoughts was that the fan locked up or the belt broke... We will find out!

The coach is still at the dealership getting the other warranty work completed. That should be done by next weekend. After that, I get to take it back to Ford.
Old 06-03-2017, 08:09 PM   #4
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

The ac components are installed to the Ford chassis at Ford. All FR does is attach the blower motor and switches to the MH body. Ask your dealer to look at the part #'s. I'm pretty sure they'll have a Ford part #. Thus, it's a Ford warranty problem.

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:12 PM   #5
ArmyProud, Retired

Ford vs. FR warranty issues

Had the same exact issue in my 2013 FR3. Dealer repaired.
glwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwolf View Post
Had the same exact issue in my 2013 FR3. Dealer repaired.
The RV dealer reapired it?

What were the components that failed?

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2017, 07:00 PM   #7

That problem cost me 900 Canadian when the my was 4 months olds
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #8

Ford vs Fr warranty

I had the same problem on my FR3. I contacted the local Ford dealer and they pulled the build sheet on my serial number. They said the heater distribution box, fan motor and controls were not part of the bare chassis and would have been provided by the final assembly manufacturer. I called FR3 service at the number on the cabinet door. They said it was a FR part but I would have to take it to a dealer. They would not sell the part to me.
Now comes the good part I contacted the dealer they told me I would need to bring it in so they could check it. They gave me a date 30 days out and said I would have to leave it for at least 5 days. If the part was bad then they would order it.
That was not acceptable to me so I pulled the motor (Mfr. Unamotor made in canada) I took it to the local Auto Zone store and the store manager and I spent about an hour trying to find a match. We found one that looked correct but when it cane in two hours later the motor was right. The mounting flange was the correct diameter, the hole pattern was not correct and the electrical connector was different. I re drilled the hole pattern, removed the connector from the original and used crimp connectors to attach it. Put it in and it is working perfect. Two hours labor, $39.99 plus tax. I did not even ask the dealer for an estimate.
Don 265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:53 PM   #9
ArmyProud, Retired

Not sure of the components that failed, but the dealer requested parts from Forest River and got approval un der warranty for the repairs. I believe they replaced the blower fan.
glwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #10

Ah, yes - The RV finger pointing game.

I can buy (not that I would) a Kia REO for $14K and know that everything on the car except tires is covered by Kia.

Spend 10 times that much on an RV and get the run-around.

This industry is living in the Stone Age.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, forest river, warranty