Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2017, 07:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne and sherry View Post
Also where did they order this material and dose your invoice show how much it cost?

Just the cost of the material.
wayne and sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:03 PM   #22

The invoice doesn't show any cost as it was all covered by warranty. I asked the RV person how much it would have cost me and he said about $1000 had it not been covered by FR.
They ordered the parts and they were supposedly specific FR approved parts for this.
It seems to be stainless steel. I would guess maybe 1/8 inch thick, about 1/4 inch wider on each side than the rollers themselves.
I have attached pictures from my paperwork showing the part numbers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4103.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	136436   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4102.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	136437  
mjessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:20 PM   #23

Here's another thread I found where some people discuss where to order from. This is not specific to Forest River...apparently other RVs have this issue too.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/bedr...age-86931.html
Old 04-30-2017, 10:57 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjessie View Post
The invoice doesn't show any cost as it was all covered by warranty. I asked the RV person how much it would have cost me and he said about $1000 had it not been covered by FR.
They ordered the parts and they were supposedly specific FR approved parts for this.
It seems to be stainless steel. I would guess maybe 1/8 inch thick, about 1/4 inch wider on each side than the rollers themselves.
I have attached pictures from my paperwork showing the part numbers.

Thank you! I'm getting ready for a trip from VA to MN and l need to check my slides for roller dents. I'm thinking I'll use door kick plates from Maynard's or Home Depot to give my rollers something to ride on.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:58 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjessie View Post
Here's another thread I found where some people discuss where to order from. This is not specific to Forest River...apparently other RVs have this issue too.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/bedr...age-86931.html

Great info there, thank you! Looks like a easy fix that I'll just take care of my own self eh.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #26

I wanted to post an update to this thread to let you all know what happened with my slide plates. I got them installed in March and everything was fine. Flash forward 5 months and the plates are bending and cutting into the floor board. Also due to the difficulty the motor/gearbox has been going through to get the slide in and out over the bendy plates, the gear box took a dive and stopped working.
So, I got with a local repair shop who told me that the aluminum plates that FR sends out are complete junk and won't hold up over time. They worked with a local metal place to cut steel plates and replaced all of my plates. This shop insists they have done many of these exact repairs and aluminum should not be used. So now $1500 later, I have new plates and a new motor/gearbox and I'm back on the road. I will post back in a few months oh how the new ones are holding up. Also, I was very disgusted by FR's lack of response when I called their parts dept trying to get more plates (this was before I found out aluminum isn't good). They ignored calls for over a week and never got back to me. Finally they shipped them out 2 weeks later. That's just simply unacceptable and the lack of customer service was disappointing. Luckily I went around them to a local repair shop who got them made but shame on you FR for treating your customer like crap.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:41 PM   #27

i had our local rv shop install aluminum plates because the fit was too loose and the slide would move/slide while travelling and make a loud squeaking noise. the plates are screwed into the underside. so far, so good, but i do keep an eye on them. i would've loved to see the warped/bent plates. i too heard FR used too thin a plate.
Combatcoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:49 PM   #28

Here's pictures of the bendy plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4791.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	233.9 KB
ID:	149227   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4790.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	149228  
Old 08-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #29

wow that is bad. the screws stripped right out? before i did the al plates i had a roof membrane in there to shim up the gap. that worked for a handful of trips. but u could see it wearing
Combatcoal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, slide