Old 02-02-2016, 08:29 AM   #1

FR3 2015 30DS living room slide issue

Bottom of slide has damage from the rollers. It's affecting both corners and getting worse. The damage is only in the front portion of the slide where the rollers touch when the slide is retracted. Anyone else experience this?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1454419506.308597.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	98781Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1454419519.359348.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	98782

Just under 12k miles.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
RJJ

Had it on a bedroom slide, needs to be adjusted. Mine was done twice under warranty. Had to be done twice because Camping World did it the first time. Lol

2015 Georgetown 329DS
2014 Chevy Equinox

Old 02-02-2016, 05:00 PM   #3

Thanks for the info!
Old 03-28-2017, 07:44 AM   #4

I hope I'm close to the end of this issue...how has your slide been? Dealer told me I had water damage which compromised the floor. So they repaired and it happened again. Then put a sheet of stainless to protect the repair and it happened again. Now waiting to hear back from FR3 engineers. Is it just a simple slide adjustment?
Old 03-28-2017, 10:12 PM   #5
RJJ

Mine has been fine since it was repaired. Not just a simple adjustment on mine. It's been a while since it was done, so don't remember exactly what they did, but it involved raising or lowering the base of the bed that the rollers rested on. Not extremely involved, but not a simple fix either. I found a great independent rv repair facility, they don't sell, only repair. It's often difficult to find a qualified rv tech to fix an issue. I hope yours is fixed soon.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:43 PM   #6

for what it's worth, i had to put a roof membrane where the rollers go on the front slideout, especially the roller behind the driver. The reason was when it was drawn into thr rv it would be loose and slide a bit making a horrible plastic on plastic creaking noise. I even spoke to a head engineer at BAL about it. that picture brings back that sound. it's fixed now, but eventually that rubber membrane will get worn out for replacement. However......no slide issue as what the picture shows.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:14 PM   #7

Thanks for the replies, I'm calling tomorrow for an update, they've had it for almost 3 weeks. I love the FR3, but it's been in the shop for too many things.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:15 AM   #8

I had similar issues with my 2016 32 DS. It was repaired under warranty. They actually added steel plates that go along the entire length of the slides and line up with the rollers. They said both slides were sagging due to not being lined up correctly during install. The steel plates are meant to be added support.
I had this done about a month ago and so far so good.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:54 AM   #9

Yes I had the steel plates along the entire length as well.. they ended up bent and pulled away from the bottom of the slide. I'll pass along this information to my service rep. Unfortunately I had to pay as this was outside of warranty.
Here's a direct quote via an email my service advisor sent me, excuse the CAPS he's stressed out 🤣🤣!!
THERESIA,
I HAVE SPOKEN TO JEFF HOOD AT FOREST RIVER. WE HAVE A THEORY AND PLAN TO
ADJUST THE ROLLER POSITION. WHEN THAT IS COMPLETE AND IF IT RESOLVES THE
CONCERN, THEN THE METAL WILL BE REPLACED AND SEALED AGAIN. I HAVE A
TECHNICIAN ALREADY WORKING ON THAT THIS MORNING.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:51 AM   #10

Theresia,
How long did the plates takes to start bending? When they installed mine, they did have to also adjust the slide alignment. Did they do that for you when they originally installed the plates? I'm pretty sure Jeff Hood @ Forest River was the same guy I worked through. Like I said, it's only been a month after the repair so I'm hoping they don't end up bending and having to be re done like yours. What a mess!

Tags
roo, slide