Old 02-07-2014, 07:47 AM   #11

Hey, I was at that Boot Camp... I think we toured each others' rigs, unless there was another 25' FR3. I'm afraid I don't remember your names (old-timer's-disease). I wrote a blog on my boot camp adventures:

The River: Going With The Flow

Barbara

Old 02-07-2014, 10:00 AM   #12

Our 25 FR3

Hi Barbara, Yes that was us at the Boot Camp in Congress. We enjoyed touring your rig and then you toured ours. I enjoyed your blog very much just now and will be following you on it, if I can remember how to find it again later - old brain cells!! I see you have been at Santee Lakes campground - we were there a few times with our old rig and just love it there. We parked right on the water and the ducks would come flocking to our door as soon as they heard plastic bags sounds (for the bread)!!
Bob and Linda Smith

Old 02-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #13

Bob and Linda, of course. Yes, Santee Lakes is great. I, too am right on the lake and the birds are so much fun. They sell bird seed and it got to where the birds (coots and ducks mostly) would come running, and waddling, over when I pulled up to the rig in my car. They make me laugh so much. My cats Cleo and Tony are not as amused. They like the little birds; makes them chop their lips. But the large number of the bigger birds... they're not sure what to make of that.

Let me know if you're coming down San Diego way.

Barbara
Old 02-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #14

25 DS FR 3 came home yesterday. The dealer had the newest and third different brochure I have seen since I started shopping three weeks ago.
Ours was built 10/22/13 and has the under awning light, does not have drawers under dinette, or all LED lights, or the new curved folding shower door. Ours does not have any carpeting at all, the drivers seat floor is heavy rubber diamond plate. Also our water heater is gas only, not gas and electric like the newest ones.
So we missed out on most of the great new changes but I also understand that the price has gone up. The dealer is checking on the after price of the shower door, I will install that if not too much.

The problems so far are few. The upper bunk did not work when we first looked at it, it was a blown fuse. I raised and lowered it many times and then it quit working. Blown fuse again. Not a big deal, but a concern to bring to the dealer. Not normal to have it blow twice, or at all. The only other issue is the right speakers on both of the stereos do not work. I tried to fix but it is bad wiring so I will let them snake new wire. We failed to check it during the PDI, although I think I would still have brought it home if I knew.

Running all the systems, sleeping in each bed while it is parked in driveway and then my first road trip in three weeks.

Loving it for sure. I drove home in very high winds and it was a handful, but many minivans were also swerving in the wind.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:14 AM   #15
Motoring

Let us know how much that shower door costs.

Congrats!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #16

Still working on the shower door. They are so new the parts dept can not find it yet. They are just being built with these, the dealer is still calling, will have info soon.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:16 AM   #17

The curved folding shower door that is used in the 2015 models is available from FR for $240 plus tax, plus about $40 shipping. Instead I got curved shower rod that is on sale at GS and I will stay with the curtain.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #18

Has anyone had an issue with the upper bunk popping fuses? I just put the fourth on in with very little use. It is easy to get two inside the battery door but frustrating to have it go so often.

Tags
25ds