Old 10-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #1

FR3 25DS Questions

We have our eye on the new Model 25DS and have a couple of questions:

1) We see no drawer for utensils, where do you store the knives, forks and spoons?
2) We see no shelves for dishes or pots and pans, where to put them?

3) Is the king bed really an island bed, can both people slide off the sides of the beds at night?

4) Is there storage space under the dinette seats? Do they tip up or pull out or can they be modified for storage space?

5) How well does the vehicle drive?

6) and of course, what kind of mileage are people getting?

This looks to be an amazing RV, thanks for any feedback!

Bill

Old 10-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Motoring

I don't think anyone has a 25. Are they out yet?

Old 10-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #3

Only 25DS model that rings a bell is this one Micro Lite Travel Trailer by Forest River

I have one and like it. But it is a regular bumper pull trailer not a MH.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #4

The DW and I looked at one in New Jersey in August so they are available. It had a king sized bed but no sofa. The price was not that much lower than the 30DS.

We decided to wait for the 30DS.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #5

Oookay I found the FR3 25DS. Sorry - looks ok but like ya say I don't see much storage unless it's all under the sink. The 30DS pics do show drawers and a better looking layout for the bed.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #6

The FR3's have storage hidden behind the TV that folds up to access. I have a 30DS, but Lamsa RV in Palm beach FL has an FR3 25DS on their lot. Looks cool but I like the 30.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #7

Saw it at the RV Show

I checked out the 25 footer at the big RV Show in Pomona and spoke to the factory rep there. He said they left the linen closet and wardrobe unfinished so owners can customize them the way they want. With this in mind, it would be pretty easy to customize the linen closet to hold utensils, dishes and pots/pans.
I'm not a fan of the actual bed, it seems pretty flimsy but that too can be changed if found unsatisfactory.
Other than that, this looks like a great RV. I am slowly talking myself into buying one!
Old 10-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanFR3 View Post
The FR3's have storage hidden behind the TV that folds up to access. I have a 30DS, but Lamsa RV in Palm beach FL has an FR3 25DS on their lot. Looks cool but I like the 30.

can the 25ds tv me turned toward the front chairs. if not poor viewing angles.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:38 PM   #9

I am on the verge of buying a 25, we test drove it yesterday. They are evolving every week and so even the factory site is often wrong. The king size bed is now a great mattress and easy to walk around. There is a small shelf on both sides for water glass, book or for us our Cpaps. There is storage under dinette, you have to remove cushions on most although rumor has it there will be doors in new ones. I will add full size drawers to both sides and put pots and pans there.
Two out of three at our dealer now also have a bedroom tv but none have the under canopy led lights that are now standard.

Several,people say buy the 31 it is almost the same price but for the two of us the 25 seems great and. I easily drove it through small side streets that the salesman did not want to go down. Now he is so impressed he will take the rest of the staff on the same trip to show how easy it is. Our kids have moved to big cities and suburbia and the 25 will fit in a driveway, the 31 will not.

Hope to report soon that we are proud owners, I just wish I knew where the real bottom line is.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:29 AM   #10

We bought our 25DS in mid December 2013 and Love it. Like anything new we needed to have a couple of minor repairs done and the local RV place took care of them. Our model has some carpet around the driver and passenger seats. The latest model at the dealers have no carpet, we like ours better. The newest model has doors under the dinette seats for easier access to the space under the seats. We don't mind lifting the cushions to store extra blankets or sleeping bags. The mattress on the newest model is better than ours but we sleep very well on our king size bed. We just attended a Boot Camp for RV's and found our rig to be the center of attention for some looking for a smaller rig. My wife could not drive our 30' Winnie but she will gladly take the wheel of this 25DS. Did I say we Love our little "Fury"

Tags
25ds