Old 06-13-2017, 06:56 AM   #1

FR3 28 DS Bedroom Slide

Morning all,
A question. My driveway angles downward preventing me from levelling my 28 DS front to back. However left to right is fine. Can I put my bedroom slide, which is in the back of the coach, safely out? Thanks in advance for any advice/help.

followingfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:30 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Why not just drive your rig up on some leveling blocks? Some angle will not interfere with the operation of the slide I would be concerned about the frig if you have it operating.

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:02 AM   #3

Thanks for the welcome Sea Dog. The day after I brought the coach home I tried to level it using 2x10 boards stacked up to form a ramp. I got front wheels about nine inches off ground and still not level. It worried me that the ramp was getting too high and unstable. Basically gave up trying to level front to back in the driveway. Fridge is not operating in the driveway so not a problem.
followingfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:12 AM   #4

Boy you have a steep driveway. I think I would invest in a set of maintenance ramps (Harbor Freight) to use at home to at least get it closer to level when parked in the drive and call that good. let the forum know what you come up with.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:38 AM   #5
Curiouser and Curiouser

I have had to replace both of the gears and motors in my slides (front and back). These materials in the slide are not robust to begin with and trying to put them in or out if the coach is out of level is a very chancy proposition and can be denied under warranty. Personally, I would not put my sliders in or out without the coach being completely level.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:02 PM   #6

FR3 Slides

My 28ds is a year old and I've had one motor changed on both of my slides. I ensures that I'm level all the time. I've even installed bubble levels by the drivers seat. I've stayed at a friends on my first 8,000 mile trip that had a steep driveway. I was able to build up the area with some 4x4's that I could have the levels come down and level the unit. I always ensure that the unit is level before putting out the slides. I stay at all kinds of locations.

DavidShifflett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide