Old 06-21-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
FR3 28ds leak on dash

Just recently picked up FR3 28ds . First time it rained had a leak on dash . Took it back up to camping world in cocoa florida. They have another with same thing. I was wondering if anyone has heard of anyone else with this promblem . Like to find where it's coming from , having hard time finding it. I think it might be windshield but not sure.

sheke23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:45 AM   #2
I've seen other posting on this. Findings sounded like it was the windshield.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2000 Jeep TJ Moab Rock Crawler
2013 Jeep JK
USS Seattle (AOE-3) 84-88 Wayne
US Army 06-15 Sherry

wayne and sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:58 PM   #3
Junior Retiree
Oh yes, have a 2014 30DS and many trips back to the Dealer to address the leaking windshield. Each time they cleaned up the area where the leak appeared, sealed it up and water tested it with good results. I'd then take it out for a trip and it would start leaking again. They ended up taking it to a windshield shop to have the windshield removed, the frame cleaned, the windshield reseated and the rubber trim replaced. That was a month or so ago, I'm hoping this has finally done the trick, but it hasn't rained since I received it back so I guess time will tell!!
Canuck2584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:32 AM   #4
time will tell

Camping world in cocoa florida has it now, they are not sure it is the windshield. I think it is ,the seal looks funky to me. Funny I had to wait 48 hours for warranty approval,for a leak, it only has 1200 miles on it. Dropped it off yesterday, hope they are done by the 9th,I am leaving for saratoga springs . Never been a big fan of service depth there. Thanks for the help.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:12 PM   #5
Yup they all leak. Just throw a towel on the dashboard.
fdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:47 AM   #6

Well they said they sealed lights up on top and tested with hose, and then rained hard next day with no leaks. No mention of windshield. Guess I will see when I leave for upstate new York on the 11th of july.