Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2017, 07:00 AM   #1

FR3 29DS 2018 Review help

Looking into the new class A Fr3 29DS. Looks like a nice coach, well laid out. Anything I should be aware of on purchase of this rig.
RVHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:35 PM   #2

No reviews

Nobody has nothing to say good or bad. Hmmm
Old 09-27-2017, 04:11 PM   #3

Hello we had ours for 3 months and put 5k miles of this summer. We love it ! Had a few bugs pop up. But that's expected on a new coach. It took me months looking around before we purchased one. I hope this helps with your decision.
GM_LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:26 PM   #4

Ive got over 30K on my 2014 and after getting the kinks worked out (slides / extra head lamps)etc.... its been great. Ive got the 25DS. A little shorter but very similar overall. Appears they keep upgrading things each year model. Must be a good segment of the market. We use ours about once a month..usually4-5days. Couple longer trips per year. Longest being 2 weeks.

Im satisfied with Forest River. Seriously looking at a bigger Georgetown down the road. Wife wants second bathroom and bunks for more storage. Will end up around 36-38 foot unit but for now we like the shorter size. Been able to do some tight turns with it when needed. But its been a great first coach. Just know every new coach will have things to fix. Just how it is regardless of brand. Take it with a laugh and strong drink. It gets better....then one day you realize its been a bunch of miles and time with no issues.
KY25DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:26 AM   #5

we pick our new 30ds up tomorrow. i am sure there will bugs and issues but i believe my dealer will be on top of them. we are exited. like most we looked at many before choosing the FR3.
Capt6pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:06 PM   #6

The FR3's are low end products and you may find you're going to be plagued with issues. I love the look and design of our 2015 30DS, but if you asked me would I purchase it again, my answer would be a flat out no. I'd spend more money and get a better constructed coach. Do some research and scroll through these threads before making the leap.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:31 AM   #7

Great info

Thank you all so far.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:56 AM   #8

If your like me and looking for something in that price range its an excellent buy. With a few upgrades it becomes a nice coach. The chassis is same as most higher end motorhomes. Plus spending $10,000 more to purchase something
that MIGHT be a little better in quality wasn't worth it. Id rather spend it on travailing .
GM_LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:36 AM   #9

We have a 2016 FR3 30DS with 30,000 miles and are satisfied. It has been to all 48 Contiguous States and Canada and lived in for over 375 nights the last two years. There are issues as with any motorhome so it's helpful to be handy at doing repairs. We put an additional $5,000 in after market suspension enhancement that greatly improved ride and handling (Safety-T-Plus steering stabilizer, rear trac bar, additional Roadmaster rear torsion bar and SumoSprings on all 4 corners). It is now enjoyable to drive. Good luck on your search for the right motorhome to meet your needs.
Jim Wiemels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteAndEd View Post
The FR3's are low end products and you may find you're going to be plagued with issues. I love the look and design of our 2015 30DS, but if you asked me would I purchase it again, my answer would be a flat out no. I'd spend more money and get a better constructed coach. Do some research and scroll through these threads before making the leap.

I totally agree with you
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteAndEd View Post
Totally agree, should have bought a Tiffin
Luannr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3