Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2015, 09:03 AM   #1

Smile FR3 30ds vs 28ds

I'm a newbie and have been looking at both Class As and Class Cs. I'm leaning toward Class As - drove both an FR3 and a Forester, around the same length and liked the FR3 better. Just wondering if anyone has experience with the 28ds - I like the length but when the bedroom slide comes out, its around 32-33ft. Does this present a problem when getting a camp site? Also, how annoying is the fold up bed? Any issues sleeping on it (where the two mattresses meet)? One of the things I didn't like in both the 30ds and 28ds are the lack of cup holders and the lack of a shelf near the bed - I wear glasses and if I'm reading or using my phone or iPad, I'd like to have someplace to stow them. Wondering if anyone has developed solutions to that issue. Thanks!
luvmypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:54 PM   #2

I put my phone on top of the window blinds valance before I go to sleep on the 30DS

2014 JEEP WRANGLER WILLYS
Bobb36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:16 PM   #3

No issues with the retractable bed. The 30 has a "nightstand" on one side. Other than the AC, I'm a happy camper.

2015 FR3 30DS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
MaltnHops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:17 AM   #4

We have a 25 ds which does have a shelf for a small box to use as a nightstand. But I find that the window valance is a better spot to leave my reading glasses and mouth guard holder. It's flat and pretty big.

Rather than have a cup of water, I use a sports water bottle and just keep it in the corner between the mattress and the wall.

If you get the coach you will find ways to improvise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
auntieshoes is offline   Reply With Quote