Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #21

Just got mine back from dealer. My 2015 30DS is out of warranty by 6 months, but after a very productive call to Forest River, they agreed to replace the headlight modules under warranty.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1451524588.549498.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	97032Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1451524678.715173.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	97033. These have no useless halo LEDs built in which is awesome. Forest River also agreed to replace all of the (48) screws in my stand-off brackets in both slides as there were several with broken off heads. The cables were all readjusted and the slides are now all safely attached once again. Forest River has come through for me once again.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 08:44 PM   #22

So how do the new headlights without the halo's work at night. Our Coachmen Pursuit has the same halo headlights and at night the out put is very bad.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #23

Brought it home in the daylight so I have not had the opportunity to test. Heading out to Anza Borrego Desert State Park next week so I will be reporting during my stay. It's pitch black out there at night!
Old 12-31-2015, 08:30 PM   #24

I would like to have heard that conversation. When I spoke to forest river I was out of warranty by a month and they said I could buy them at a discount from them. These lights suck.

MSG (Ret)
U.S. Army
Active-duty 66-92
2015 FR3 30DS
fpo1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:00 PM   #25

Yes the original head lamp modules were absolutely useless. I simply explained that I was unable to drive my coach at night because it was unsafe due to the inadequate lighting that Forest River had originally installed on the FR3. I continued with the fact that Forest River was well aware of it as they had already changed to the updated module somewhere around the midyear 2015's and that they were well aware of it from customer complaints from the dealers and the forum. I also said that it was unfair that I was not safely able to drive my coach at night whether I wanted or needed to. I was told, well your right, and your only a few months out of warranty so we will send the updated modules to your dealer and change them out under warranty which they did. They also replaced not only the broken screws in both slide stand off brackets, they pulled them all out reset all 8 brackets with 48 new screws and and readjusted all 8 of the slide cables. I have had my more than my share of problems with my coach since I got it, but I must say that my dealer and Forest River have bent over backwards to resolve each and every problem to my satisfaction! I quite pleased with all the results!
Old 01-01-2016, 08:27 PM   #26

Can I ask who you spoke to? I spoke with Travis.

MSG (Ret)
U.S. Army
Active-duty 66-92
2015 FR3 30DS
fpo1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:45 PM   #27

Yes you may ask. Kevin Stratton was my contact for this last round of warranty repairs. Although Travis has handled prior warranty problems which required contacting Forest River.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:09 PM   #28

We just got back from our 3,000 mile trip with the new headlights and I'd recommend them. I still need to adjust them a little more to the left, but I find them better and high beams are way brighter. Which the high beams are 65 watts compared to the original 55 watt the Halo version had. Even if you have to pay out of pocket, its less than $150 for the pair. I also was out of warranty, and a basic email to Melvin Williams explaining the issue that we're seeing was all that was needed. Within a week or so, I got a response from Kevin with an offer to replace them free of charge/shipping. Received them within a couple of days from then. Kuddos to FR in resolving this issue.
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #29

Is there a quick fix to disabling the LED rings around the headlights???

Forest River wants me to pay for the new headlights, so while I argue with them, I should like to disable the LED rings for now.

Help please!

Doc
Old 01-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #30

Go to link on #15 and file a complaint.
StephanFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:53 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyreb View Post
Is there a quick fix to disabling the LED rings around the headlights???

Forest River wants me to pay for the new headlights, so while I argue with them, I should like to disable the LED rings for now.

Help please!

Doc
I believe in past discussions, its been reference to cut the grey wire to disable the led halos.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...hts-63148.html
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #32

FR3 headlight replacement

There are 2 sets of wires that go to the headlight module. 1 set goes to the multi plug that powers the headlights and turn signals. The other set is 2 wires that power the LED bulbs. You have to cut those 2 and tape them off. It's the same on both sides.
dutiful Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:04 PM   #33

Just received my new replacement headlight assemblies today from Forest River. I sent an e-mail to FR on Sunday, Mar. 28th about the inadequate lighting on my 2014, FR3 28DS and asked if they would replace them with the newer ones. FR responded to my e-mail on Monday morning stating they would replace them at no charge, but I would have to replace them myself or get someone to do it for me. Three days later I received my new headlight assemblies from Forest River and I am one happy camper with FR's customers service.

My question for those that have replace their headlights is; do I need to watch out for anything out of the ordinary when replacing the HL Assy.? Also, what do I do with the two white connectors as the new lights do not have anything for them to plug into? Photo attached. As always thanks for all your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Headlight Assy.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	101040  
Mr J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #34

FR3 headlight replacement

If yours is like mine, the only plug you have to deal with is the big one. the white ones are part of the old headlight assembly. Once you remove the 2 bolts holding the headlight in and unplug the big plug, the whole assembly will come out except for the 4 little wires going to the LED bulbs. I cut those 4 and taped them up.

The other thing I had to do was to drill a hole in the (I believe it was) the lower plastic flange of the new lamp to allow it to be bolted to the bracket on the coach.

Then you align the lamp as best you can side-to-side and secure the bolts. There is an up-down adjustment screw on the new lamp.

I hope that helps.
dutiful Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:30 AM   #35

Thanks for the info. Sounds rather simple to do. Will take on the task this week if it will just warm up a little. Getting antsy to get out on the road and enjoy life.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:59 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr J View Post
Just received my new replacement headlight assemblies today from Forest River. I sent an e-mail to FR on Sunday, Mar. 28th about the inadequate lighting on my 2014, FR3 28DS and asked if they would replace them with the newer ones. FR responded to my e-mail on Monday morning stating they would replace them at no charge, but I would have to replace them myself or get someone to do it for me. Three days later I received my new headlight assemblies from Forest River and I am one happy camper with FR's customers service.

My question for those that have replace their headlights is; do I need to watch out for anything out of the ordinary when replacing the HL Assy.? Also, what do I do with the two white connectors as the new lights do not have anything for them to plug into? Photo attached. As always thanks for all your help.

I'm glad to see FR continues to replace the headlamp modules for those who are asking. They sent mine to the dealer to replace them. They simply cut the wiring for the LED bulbs in the old module and taped them up. They are much better than the original modules simply because all of those silly LED lights are gone and the front of the coach doesn't appear to have its headlamps on when you turn on the awning lights. As for forward illumination, I find it a bit better (adequate) and outstanding in conjunction with the fog lamps. By the way unless you snip and tape the wires for the LED halos in the fog lamps, they will continue to come on with the awning strip. The dealer did not cut mine and I found it just a perfect amount of illumination for safe traveling around the front of the coach at night while parked.
Old 03-04-2016, 12:37 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisurelarry View Post
I'm glad to see FR continues to replace the headlamp modules for those who are asking. They sent mine to the dealer to replace them. They simply cut the wiring for the LED bulbs in the old module and taped them up. They are much better than the original modules simply because all of those silly LED lights are gone and the front of the coach doesn't appear to have its headlamps on when you turn on the awning lights. As for forward illumination, I find it a bit better (adequate) and outstanding in conjunction with the fog lamps. By the way unless you snip and tape the wires for the LED halos in the fog lamps, they will continue to come on with the awning strip. The dealer did not cut mine and I found it just a perfect amount of illumination for safe traveling around the front of the coach at night while parked.
Thank you for the information on the wires. I won't clip mine until I check out the halos in the front. Would be nice to have a little extra light in the front sometimes.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:10 PM   #38

After a bit of haggling and frustration on my part, FR finally came thru and sent me a set of new assembles at no charge.

So, what have you folks done with the old headlight assemblies?
Old 04-07-2016, 02:15 PM   #39
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
After a bit of haggling and frustration on my part, FR finally came thru and sent me a set of new assembles at no charge.

Sold them on craigslist

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:21 PM   #40

Quote:

Dealer sent mine back to FR after replacing mine.

Tags
light, replacement