Old 12-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #21

Just got mine back from dealer. My 2015 30DS is out of warranty by 6 months, but after a very productive call to Forest River, they agreed to replace the headlight modules under warranty.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1451524588.549498.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	97032Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1451524678.715173.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	97033. These have no useless halo LEDs built in which is awesome. Forest River also agreed to replace all of the (48) screws in my stand-off brackets in both slides as there were several with broken off heads. The cables were all readjusted and the slides are now all safely attached once again. Forest River has come through for me once again.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:44 PM   #22

So how do the new headlights without the halo's work at night. Our Coachmen Pursuit has the same halo headlights and at night the out put is very bad.

FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #23

Brought it home in the daylight so I have not had the opportunity to test. Heading out to Anza Borrego Desert State Park next week so I will be reporting during my stay. It's pitch black out there at night!
Old 12-31-2015, 08:30 PM   #24

I would like to have heard that conversation. When I spoke to forest river I was out of warranty by a month and they said I could buy them at a discount from them. These lights suck.

MSG (Ret)
U.S. Army
Active-duty 66-92
2015 FR3 30DS
fpo1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:00 PM   #25

Yes the original head lamp modules were absolutely useless. I simply explained that I was unable to drive my coach at night because it was unsafe due to the inadequate lighting that Forest River had originally installed on the FR3. I continued with the fact that Forest River was well aware of it as they had already changed to the updated module somewhere around the midyear 2015's and that they were well aware of it from customer complaints from the dealers and the forum. I also said that it was unfair that I was not safely able to drive my coach at night whether I wanted or needed to. I was told, well your right, and your only a few months out of warranty so we will send the updated modules to your dealer and change them out under warranty which they did. They also replaced not only the broken screws in both slide stand off brackets, they pulled them all out reset all 8 brackets with 48 new screws and and readjusted all 8 of the slide cables. I have had my more than my share of problems with my coach since I got it, but I must say that my dealer and Forest River have bent over backwards to resolve each and every problem to my satisfaction! I quite pleased with all the results!
Old 01-01-2016, 08:27 PM   #26

Can I ask who you spoke to? I spoke with Travis.

MSG (Ret)
U.S. Army
Active-duty 66-92
2015 FR3 30DS
fpo1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:45 PM   #27

Yes you may ask. Kevin Stratton was my contact for this last round of warranty repairs. Although Travis has handled prior warranty problems which required contacting Forest River.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:09 PM   #28

We just got back from our 3,000 mile trip with the new headlights and I'd recommend them. I still need to adjust them a little more to the left, but I find them better and high beams are way brighter. Which the high beams are 65 watts compared to the original 55 watt the Halo version had. Even if you have to pay out of pocket, its less than $150 for the pair. I also was out of warranty, and a basic email to Melvin Williams explaining the issue that we're seeing was all that was needed. Within a week or so, I got a response from Kevin with an offer to replace them free of charge/shipping. Received them within a couple of days from then. Kuddos to FR in resolving this issue.
Old 01-12-2016, 11:48 AM   #29

Is there a quick fix to disabling the LED rings around the headlights???

Forest River wants me to pay for the new headlights, so while I argue with them, I should like to disable the LED rings for now.

Help please!

Doc
Harleyreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #30

Go to link on #15 and file a complaint.

Tags
light, replacement