Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2016, 05:53 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyreb View Post
Is there a quick fix to disabling the LED rings around the headlights???

Forest River wants me to pay for the new headlights, so while I argue with them, I should like to disable the LED rings for now.

Help please!

Doc
I believe in past discussions, its been reference to cut the grey wire to disable the led halos.

FR3 LED headlights
__________________

__________________
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #32
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 32
FR3 headlight replacement

There are 2 sets of wires that go to the headlight module. 1 set goes to the multi plug that powers the headlights and turn signals. The other set is 2 wires that power the LED bulbs. You have to cut those 2 and tape them off. It's the same on both sides.
__________________

__________________
dutiful Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:04 PM   #33
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 58
Just received my new replacement headlight assemblies today from Forest River. I sent an e-mail to FR on Sunday, Mar. 28th about the inadequate lighting on my 2014, FR3 28DS and asked if they would replace them with the newer ones. FR responded to my e-mail on Monday morning stating they would replace them at no charge, but I would have to replace them myself or get someone to do it for me. Three days later I received my new headlight assemblies from Forest River and I am one happy camper with FR's customers service.

My question for those that have replace their headlights is; do I need to watch out for anything out of the ordinary when replacing the HL Assy.? Also, what do I do with the two white connectors as the new lights do not have anything for them to plug into? Photo attached. As always thanks for all your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Headlight Assy.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	300.9 KB
ID:	101040  
__________________
Mr J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #34
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 32
FR3 headlight replacement

If yours is like mine, the only plug you have to deal with is the big one. the white ones are part of the old headlight assembly. Once you remove the 2 bolts holding the headlight in and unplug the big plug, the whole assembly will come out except for the 4 little wires going to the LED bulbs. I cut those 4 and taped them up.

The other thing I had to do was to drill a hole in the (I believe it was) the lower plastic flange of the new lamp to allow it to be bolted to the bracket on the coach.

Then you align the lamp as best you can side-to-side and secure the bolts. There is an up-down adjustment screw on the new lamp.

I hope that helps.
__________________
dutiful Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:30 AM   #35
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 58
Thanks for the info. Sounds rather simple to do. Will take on the task this week if it will just warm up a little. Getting antsy to get out on the road and enjoy life.
__________________
Mr J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:59 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
leisurelarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr J View Post
Just received my new replacement headlight assemblies today from Forest River. I sent an e-mail to FR on Sunday, Mar. 28th about the inadequate lighting on my 2014, FR3 28DS and asked if they would replace them with the newer ones. FR responded to my e-mail on Monday morning stating they would replace them at no charge, but I would have to replace them myself or get someone to do it for me. Three days later I received my new headlight assemblies from Forest River and I am one happy camper with FR's customers service.



My question for those that have replace their headlights is; do I need to watch out for anything out of the ordinary when replacing the HL Assy.? Also, what do I do with the two white connectors as the new lights do not have anything for them to plug into? Photo attached. As always thanks for all your help.

I'm glad to see FR continues to replace the headlamp modules for those who are asking. They sent mine to the dealer to replace them. They simply cut the wiring for the LED bulbs in the old module and taped them up. They are much better than the original modules simply because all of those silly LED lights are gone and the front of the coach doesn't appear to have its headlamps on when you turn on the awning lights. As for forward illumination, I find it a bit better (adequate) and outstanding in conjunction with the fog lamps. By the way unless you snip and tape the wires for the LED halos in the fog lamps, they will continue to come on with the awning strip. The dealer did not cut mine and I found it just a perfect amount of illumination for safe traveling around the front of the coach at night while parked.
__________________
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:37 PM   #37
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by leisurelarry View Post
I'm glad to see FR continues to replace the headlamp modules for those who are asking. They sent mine to the dealer to replace them. They simply cut the wiring for the LED bulbs in the old module and taped them up. They are much better than the original modules simply because all of those silly LED lights are gone and the front of the coach doesn't appear to have its headlamps on when you turn on the awning lights. As for forward illumination, I find it a bit better (adequate) and outstanding in conjunction with the fog lamps. By the way unless you snip and tape the wires for the LED halos in the fog lamps, they will continue to come on with the awning strip. The dealer did not cut mine and I found it just a perfect amount of illumination for safe traveling around the front of the coach at night while parked.
Thank you for the information on the wires. I won't clip mine until I check out the halos in the front. Would be nice to have a little extra light in the front sometimes.
__________________
Mr J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:10 PM   #38
Member
 
Harleyreb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 42
After a bit of haggling and frustration on my part, FR finally came thru and sent me a set of new assembles at no charge.

So, what have you folks done with the old headlight assemblies?
__________________
2015 FR3 30DS
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Harleyreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 03:15 PM   #39
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING
 
drivmsafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Southern California
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyreb View Post
After a bit of haggling and frustration on my part, FR finally came thru and sent me a set of new assembles at no charge.

So, what have you folks done with the old headlight assemblies?
Sold them on craigslist
__________________
Smooth Roads, and, Drive 'em Safe

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:21 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
leisurelarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SO CAL
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyreb View Post
After a bit of haggling and frustration on my part, FR finally came thru and sent me a set of new assembles at no charge.



So, what have you folks done with the old headlight assemblies?

Dealer sent mine back to FR after replacing mine.
__________________

__________________
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
light, replacement

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.