Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2016, 09:51 AM   #61

FR3 headlight replacement

I had to drill the hole in the bottom mounting flange. Then it can be mounted just like the original. It was a bit difficult to get the old assembly out, but it will come.
dutiful Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #62

Question

Figured hole would need to be drilled/ Did u take lens off to push through. I am concerned that I will damage fiberglass if I force it through. Thoughts
Bearister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:24 AM   #63

Progress

Ok / Assembly is out/ However, I see wires to LED/ no problem. But in addition there are wires going from heat light to Light below (THink they are fog lights. What do i do with these wires/

Bear
Bearister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:33 AM   #64

There are led lights around the fog lights as well. You can cut those too (don't see any reason to keep them) or leave them.
dutiful Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:27 PM   #65

Removal of fr3 headlight

After removing the top and bottom braces and few hours of trying to remove the headlight assembly through the front I discovered if you push the assembly in toward the engine it went back and out of the opening.. All I did was turn the assemble sideways and pulled it straight out..One of the adjustment screw was not working because the gear got stripped. I had to cut a square hole on top of the inside adjustment rod and push it back to toward the backside of the casing. Then I used Jb weld epoxy to attach the gear to the adjusting rod.. Works great..
perrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #66
2015 FR3 25DS

Good day fellow rvers. I’ve been reading the posts and since I have a 2015 25ds, I’m experiencing the same issue with poor illumination at night. Can someone lead me to a solution either by Forest river or a do it yourself. This coach is still under warranty. Thanks in advance.

2015 FR3 25DS
2007 Jeep Rubicon (carried)

You just have to get your hands dirty sometime...
AngioTech55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:24 AM   #67

Please please report these headlights to your local safety governing body. Not only is it unsafe to have unworthy lights on a vehicle. It’s also illegal . If you go to your Forest river online Manual it will tell you exactly where to report it... it could be a matter of life
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #68
2015 FR3 25DS

Replacing Headlights

I want to thank everyone who blazed the trail for the rest of us who didn't know where was a solution to this dangerous problem. I just emailed tbird@forestriverinc.com. I'll post again when I receive a reply and or replacements.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:02 AM   #69

What years are impacted by this? I have a 2018 30DS with the small round headlights. They are terrible and I have to drive with the high beams on to get any visibility.
bvrfans5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:46 AM   #70

Lightning issues should be reported to the federal highway safety administration. If they get enough complaints they will look into it. The headlights on the Coachmen Pursuit are the worst ever. They are based on the Chevy Silverado headlights, but with so called projector low beams. A old D cell flashlight from the 60's are brighter.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:46 PM   #71
2015 FR3 25DS

FR3 headlights

As of today June 11 I have not heard from Forest river regarding this problem. Writing the Feds this morning
Old 07-26-2018, 04:07 PM   #72

Quick reply but they want me to pay

I filed the complaint form and contacted FR, Celestino Lopez. I got two rapid responses but She insists they only sell them for $70 each.

Some are cheaper and some with upgraded bulbs are more on eBay and Amazon so it looks like FR is the way to go in case I can get rebate later.
Enconcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:53 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enconcapt View Post
I filed the complaint form and contacted FR, Celestino Lopez. I got two rapid responses but She insists they only sell them for $70 each.

Some are cheaper and some with upgraded bulbs are more on eBay and Amazon so it looks like FR is the way to go in case I can get rebate later.
Celestino Lopez is a guy. I talked to him on the phone about my roof recall.

Cel Lopez
West Coast U.S./CANADA
Class A FR3/GEORGETOWN Warranty Rep
clopez@forestriverinc.com
Direct: 574-206-7618
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 02:23 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1barnes View Post
Everyone should contact FR3 and ask for the headlight replacements. Mine is out of warranty but they provided replacements free. Contact Travis Bird or Melvin Williams, mewilliams@forestriverinc.com. Be nice, but tell them what came with the units, before 2016 are not adequate for driving at night.

You do loose the LED halo's, but you can see to drive at night.

Here is the information on the box.
Replaced mine on our 2016 today with these exact parts. Perfect fit and I am so happy to be able to see where i am going at night! Thanks for posting this!!!
jimbo020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, replacement