Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2016, 02:05 PM   #1

FR3 or GT3

Thinking about trading in or 5er for either the 30DS or the 32DS but also see Georgetown has a GT3. Is there really any difference between the two ? What are the pros and cons between the 30DS and 32DS.
No more shoveling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 02:38 PM   #2

Wink Fr3

Hey we own 2015 32fd fr3 agreat way too start out . But that said, we are up grading the bed to sleep number and adding recliners, have no need for hide a way bed. Spend all winter in Florida in it. As far as gt3 is seems to be the same thing more or less. just a different name like gmc to chevy. have not seen one in person yet. Bought ours for Ballantyne in victor ny.
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:23 PM   #3
Motoring

The GT3 sure does look like the FR3 in many ways. It looks like it has upgrades in the kitchen / TV area, but the control center doesn't look like it has tank heat and other things the FR3 has.

Looks like you're gonna have to see it in person to see if it has what you like. Plus, I have a 2013 FR 30DS so not sure what's new in the 2016 FR3.

Good luck.

grotto
grotto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:00 PM   #4

If you like 32ds look at 364TS in the Georgetown series. A lot of nicer features and the more typical A layout...solid surface tops, 2 full baths, FG roof. You'd be surprised how little it can cost you over the 32ds.
JLud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:00 AM   #5

Smile fr3 gt3

Just went to lazy days u tube walk through video of 2016 GT3 check it out. its still a little like FR3 but with up grades. It shows things that you can delete like top bunk . but same hide a bed , table, ac , etc . Need to see side by side and price seems to be close .
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #6

Just purchased a GT3 30x3 in March. We were debating between it and the FR3 30ds. The difference to us was that the slide outs are all on the same side in the GT3. That gave us more awning room and an outdoor kitchen. The bed is a little shorter in the GT3. The overall finish isn't much different at all. Both are made in the same factory. We did get the power bunk option that is nice and works well.

Upgrades I have made or are making. IW60 tankless water heater, 2000watt power inverter. Good chance after this summer we will add another AC in the bedroom and run it on a separate 20amp service that others have done here. I will know if that is needed after spending 2 weeks in AZ and UT in June.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:52 AM   #7

We debated between the two but settled on the GT30x3. The two have the same floor plans, but we liked the outdoor kitchen on the GT which is the main reason we bought it over the FR3. The FR3 has a floor to ceiling cabinet as soon as you walk in which I thought closed off your initial view of the coach and made the room seem small, but I did like the storage it provided. I think the FR3 has more interior storage which I miss but that means I take less stuff. The GT dinette is more plush, the FR3 dinette is a thin piece of foam stapled to cardboard. Overall we love out GT3. The Georgetown forum doesn't have a lot of GT3 input but I think it is because it is so new. I get a lot of ideas from this forum.
chucknviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:33 AM   #8

Thanks for the good info, the one thing I really like about the FR3 is it has a king size bed which we have in our home and really like the extra room. I haven't seen any GT3's with a king bed only a queen.
No more shoveling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 06:00 AM   #9

Our 2017 GT has a short king. It is long enough for us as we are only 5'8". It gives more walk room in front of the bed.
chucknviv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:50 PM   #10
Rickydeee

We just purchased a 2016 FR3 30DS, looked at the Georgetown also. Very similar layout, specs, & quality, probably a matter of personal preference. Liked the slides being on the same side of the GT3, also extra kitchen counter space. No use for the exterior kitchen, preferred the extra storage. FR3 seemed a little cheaper similarly equipped, extra closet near the entry way comes in handy. If you're looking at a 2016, strongly recommend that you buy the late model with the 6-speed transmission. Gear shift indicator PRND421 is 6-spd, PRND321 is a 5-spd. The extra gear helps mileage, reduces uphill engine racing using cruise control. We're very happy with our FR3, hope you like yours which ever way you go.
rickydeee is offline   Reply With Quote