Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2015, 06:23 AM   #21

The Hershey RV show sure was a great show to compare the different brands and layouts. It looked like a lot of sold signs on several units. Only stopped by for a few hours on Sunday but hope to go for a whole day next year.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 06:14 AM   #22
FR3 Grampy

I'v had my FR3 25 DS for a year now and it's a dream (length wise). If you're planning on moving around and getting into tight spots like i do, a 25 fotter is the length for you. I make lots of wrong turns and often need to turn around. The short length makes it possible to do this with minimal effort. I can go shopping and have no problems parking. The make and model is a personal choice but if you need a nimble and short machine, the 25 foot motor home is the ideal machine.
Scottmarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:48 PM   #23

We have a 2016 fr3 30ds. I am a mere 4'11" tall and drive her like a boss. Our toad car (Mitsubishi outlander) failed over the Teton pass last week and we have been driving the fr3 around Missoula while car shopping and just running errands. More like driving a van really. Handles the tight curves and mountains well. We have a ramp chassis carrier for a klr650 and just had her outfitted w a blue oz and a little mini Ford Fiesta to tow. made the infamous Missoula roundabout w out a problem. Also had no issues from IL to here including Yellowstone
Phools2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:37 PM   #24

You already made your choice so this is just more noise, but....

We have had our 2014 FR3 25 for almost 2 full camping years now. Added a 2000W sine inverter and added/modified a few shelves and storage cabinets. About 12000 miles on it now and we like it a lot. We get about 9 mpg in normal mid west driving at 63 to 68 mph. The V10 has plenty of power and hills are not an issue. I added a steering stabilizer (you will probably want one also). I do miss the couch, but with the two coach chairs turned inward, seating is adequate. (You will want to modify those chair's lock wheel by adding an additional detent to keep them pointed rearward properly.)
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote