Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2017, 06:25 PM   #1

fr3 recall Technical service bulletin

I have received a technical service bulletin which is a recall for roof on my 2017 30DS has anyone heard what this is about. Took it to a dealer and forrest river classed it as a 12 hour job . any comments appreciated
acejohn6928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejohn6928 View Post
I have received a technical service bulletin which is a recall for roof on my 2017 30DS has anyone heard what this is about. Took it to a dealer and forrest river classed it as a 12 hour job . any comments appreciated

I have the same recall on my 2018. My dealer said it could take longer than 12 hours if they find any wet wood under the seal.
GM_LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:20 AM   #3

Has anyone had this recall done yet? I have been waiting over a month. Dealer says waiting on parts from factory. Thankfully I have a building.
Fr3 Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:53 AM   #4

recall

I had a feeling parts would be an issue . My Dealer told me to call and make sure the parts were in before I brought my unit in . My problem is I will be leaving for Florida first week in December . Frank what state do you live in ?? My parts were supposedly orderer 1st week in October
Old 11-05-2017, 02:59 PM   #5

FR3

We received a recall as well , brought it to the dealer on 10/12....they ordered the parts from FR, they received it 10/27....still in the shop, but the dealer, Campers Inn, in Merrimack, NH told me it would take 12 hours. ok, I said....they told me I could pick it up yesterday...hasn't even been touched.!!!!! And we're getting cold up here in NH, hasn't been winterized yet, still waiting.....oh, and they also said once the MH is in for recall, you can't get it back until the recall is completed....is that BS or what?
RDANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:04 PM   #6

This is a head scratcher to me anyway. How do they make so many rv's without potential water intrusion and now they seemed to have forgotten how. The quality control at Forrest River seems to be lacking.
Fr3 Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:34 PM   #7
Part-Time

Amen to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3 Frank View Post
This is a head scratcher to me anyway. How do they make so many rv's without potential water intrusion and now they seemed to have forgotten how. The quality control at Forrest River seems to be lacking.
FOR SURE. 2017 2618 ULTRA V
Seems like they have forgot everything but how to take your money.
mwtracht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #8

Recall notice. 2018 GT5 36B5

I also got the recall for sealing under seam between roof and side, they say it is an issue with some times the paper on one side of the sealing caulk did not peel off and water can leak in those areas because it goes through where the tape might be. he told me they take the strip off along where the rain gutter runs above the awnings along the length of the rV, and they check and replace the caulking tape, replace the strip and put a new molding in the strip with all the screws in it. He told me if it didn't have an issue, it might take 2 hours, if it did then I suppose it would need those damaged areas repaired. That's about what I was told. Don't know much more yet but I will check tomorrow to see where they stand on it. I took mine in Wednesday last week so, they have had it 3 working days.
Retired Electrician, Miller Brewery, 31 yrs.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #9

Got the same recall. Have 2017 29ds. Called dealer on Oct 9th they ordered parts called me one week later to make appointment had parts in took them day and a half to redo both sides. Had MH back in three days Paul Evert's RV Country Bullhead city, AZ. Googled the TSB # was able find out what all was involved in the repair...
railrunner418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:13 PM   #10

I have a 2017 29DS, but didn't receive the recall. Getting ready to cover the RV for the winter.
Luannr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by railrunner418 View Post
Got the same recall. Have 2017 29ds. Called dealer on Oct 9th they ordered parts called me one week later to make appointment had parts in took them day and a half to redo both sides. Had MH back in three days Paul Evert's RV Country Bullhead city, AZ. Googled the TSB # was able find out what all was involved in the repair...

Could you post the TSB#
Old 11-06-2017, 02:09 PM   #12

Tsb

Tha TSB# 68-0488
Old 11-06-2017, 02:13 PM   #13

Thanks
Old 11-06-2017, 06:28 PM   #14

Here is a link to the TSB " https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/d...LERCENTRAL.pdf " It includes all the vin #'s involved at the end of the Doc...
Old 11-06-2017, 11:02 PM   #15

The reason the dealers hold on to your MH when there is Warrenty Work is most manufacture warranties are 1 yr. if the dealer and manufacture can keep your rig in the shop as long as possible playing the we’re waiting for the parts or for Warrenty approval from the manufacturer, that is less time you have to enjoy your MH and possibly find more Warrenty work.....
310cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 310cowboy View Post
The reason the dealers hold on to your MH when there is Warrenty Work is most manufacture warranties are 1 yr. if the dealer and manufacture can keep your rig in the shop as long as possible playing the we’re waiting for the parts or for Warrenty approval from the manufacturer, that is less time you have to enjoy your MH and possibly find more Warrenty work.....

As far as the Dealer is concerned, they like warranty work as they get paid by the manufacturer to perform warranty repairs.
AlbertFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:17 PM   #17

AlbertFR3, you are correct the dealers do get paid from the manufacture to perform warranty work, BUT it is at an agreed upon rate which is less than what the dealer would charge you to make the same fix out of Warrenty, so the dealers also want the Warrenty to end. Also as long as there is a Warrenty and the manufacture is supplying the repair parts the dealers have no mark up on those parts until the Warrenty has expired.
310cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:22 AM   #18

Is the "service bulletin" a recall or just warranty work? Are they treated differently?

Our 2017 was purchased used so FR has no "warranty" as it was to the original owner only. So are we covered under this or will we have to pay for their potential screw up?

Thanks in advance,
G1
Old 11-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #19

Check the link in my post #14 I believe this is a recall.At the end of the TSB there is a list of all vin#'s that are affected.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:34 AM   #20

I also have a 2017 29ds. I called to make an appointment to have the repairs and was told no appointment needed, bring it in one to two weeks max. My MH was dropped of Aug 31. Friday I called to check on status this was on 19 Nov 2017. I purchased my MH in June and still waiting. My dealership mess RV Connections in Panama City, Fl. Every time I called was given a response waiting. Shame on me. Any suggestions ?
B&L MH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3, recall, service