Old 08-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #11
Graduate Member

shoot - 3 inches to tall to fit in my garage!

2012 - 26 days

RoadTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #12

Another trip this one to Sanibel Island FL for Labor Day weekend. Stayed at periwinkle. My 20 yo son did not come went back to college. My 17 yo son said A/C worked a lot better. Also discovered A/C works better if thermostat not set too low by kids. Need to add bike rack to rear stairs. No problem with front bunk. Plan on putting better nozzle in shower.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #13

I have had an FR3 since May up here in Iowa. This summer, with 98 temps outside and A/C going all day long, the inside got up to 83F with it set for 76 temp desired. This seems to be the running average separation between outside and inside.
The shower out flow was solved with a plastic corner seal. Check other FR3 theads for a picture.
My biggest upsets are on design. I would like an other foot to the bed slide out making it easier to change cloths while standing in front of the closets. Second is in there being no 110 outlet available to outside use. Such as a set of string lights to put around the door area.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #14

Hey on my FR3 there is a GFI 110 outlet in the forward most storage compartment on the passenger side and it has a white screw open access plug to run an electrical cord trough. Also I was referring to the hand held spray and hose in the shower being cheap.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #15

The DW and I picked up our FR3 last week. We really like it, but have the same issues/concerns as some others. The shower problem is [hopefully] going to get fixed with a Newline retractable shower door. AC hasn't been a major issue - yet, although we did our walk-through inspection on a day that was mid-90s and it was a little warmer than I would have liked inside. It cooled off quickly the next day, so no issues since. We are going to get a TV in the bedroom, which is something missing from the FR3 options list that many others have. I want to mount it like the TV above the kitchen sink so we don't lose all that space between the wardrobes. We are taking the coach back for installation of three fantastic fans with covers (should help with the heat, too), sani-con and wheel alignment (which was supposed to happen PRIOR to us taking delivery). When those items are finished, we should have a pretty livable coach.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #16

Wow! Had this FR3 since June and never noticed that set of plugs being there! I keep my cleaning chemicals in that bay when parked and add the wood blocks I use under my leveling jacks when moving around. Guess I will have to explore more!!!
Old 09-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Chamber View Post
Wow! Had this FR3 since June and never noticed that set of plugs being there! I keep my cleaning chemicals in that bay when parked and add the wood blocks I use under my leveling jacks when moving around. Guess I will have to explore more!!!
Do you have the tv outside? I do and don't have the plug in the storage compartment
Old 09-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Lady View Post
Do you have the tv outside? I do and don't have the plug in the storage compartment
There seems to be quite a few running changes on the FR3. Our FR3 has the outside TV and the outlet in the compartment next to the steps. I run a surge protector outside of it for my awning lights and other electrical.

On the shower I added splash guards, make sure to seal the top piece to the bottom tub at the seam behind the splash guards. I used Butyl cut at an angle to run the water back into the tub. So far so good. (Can't take credit for this, came from another user on IRV2). Only leaking is splatter that gets past the curtain.

So far we have had some issues, but love the coach. Going on our 6th trip this weekend.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalrcer View Post
There seems to be quite a few running changes on the FR3. Our FR3 has the outside TV and the outlet in the compartment next to the steps. I run a surge protector outside of it for my awning lights and other electrical. On the shower I added splash guards, make sure to seal the top piece to the bottom tub at the seam behind the splash guards. I used Butyl cut at an angle to run the water back into the tub. So far so good. (Can't take credit for this, came from another user on IRV2). Only leaking is splatter that gets past the curtain. So far we have had some issues, but love the coach. Going on our 6th trip this weekend.
It's a new design, so changes are inevitable, which tells me FR cares about the consumer. They do listen. Is it the storage compartment or the door right next to the steps? When we camp, I run an extension line from the main electrical box not to runoff the coach. However, I do like to plus in a small spot light for,when I let the dogs out in the pen. I think with my coach, the only outside outlet is where the tv is located. I guess I could have on added.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #20

TV on outside.