Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #41

No, the bar goes on the countertop behind the stovetop. It is about 1/2 inch thick. There is slots on it to insert the knives. I checked behind the stovetop to make sure I had clearance and made a hole in the countertop. I then glued the board behind the stovetop and Voila. I would like to get one the same colour as the cupboards. If I cannot get one from Forest a River, I will buy a piece of maple, and make one.
johnpisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #42

I would love to see pictures, to better understand how you fit it.
PhotoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #43

As soon I as get it home (it is covered until April), we will start on it. I will post pictures.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:43 AM   #44

Hello again. New to the FR3. Has anyone tried the Maxx Air II. I an thinking of putting these on instead of the regular Maxx Air. I would value your thoughts..

Thanks
Old 01-04-2014, 01:11 PM   #45

My experience with FR3

I took possession of my 30 ft FR3 at the end of September and have been living in it ever since. This is my first RV experience. Probably a bit rash to make the move to full-time without ever having even spent a night in an RV--but it seems to be working out.

I was going to say that so far I've had no major issues. The driver's side seat had a broken arm when I took possession and the dealer is in the process of getting that fixed for me. Don't get me started on dealer service... so far it isn't that good. But, it doesn't keep me from being able to drive it, so, it will get fixed when it gets fixed.

Other minor things included a stuck window over the sink, the door piston broke and the door would sometimes not stay closed and at others would be almost impossible to open, and the latch that is supposed to let you use the bathroom door as a bedroom door was not lined up right. The first two got fixed. They were supposed to fix the latch, but it's still not right. For now I just use a doorstop when I want to have that door open.

I said I was going to say no major issues... but, just within the last half hour it was pointed out to me that the rubber gasket around the windshield is pulled out at one corner and incompletely attached at another spot. Frankly, the idea of having to take the rig back to the dealer to get this fixed fills me with anxiety. I need to have it fixed before the end of January when I'm planning a trip to Arizona (I'm in San Diego) and my experience with them tells me this is a long shot. Thinking of just calling an RV windshield guy and seeing if he can fix it.

Okay, with all that, I'm very happy with the rig overall. I do understand that all of these creatures have things wrong with them and I think I've gotten off easy so far.

By the way, I have the outside TV and the plug in the forward-most hold. Of course, I don't know how to turn on the outside TV. I assumed it was plugged in somewhere and if it isn't, I don't know where to even find the cord. However, I don't expect to be using it much, anyway (not at all if I don't know how to turn it on).

Right now I use the shower for my cats' litter, so leaking is not a problem. I shower at the parks where I've been staying. It also works that there is just a curtain, for the time being anyway.

For the bed, I removed the flimsy mattress that came with it and replaced it with my own high-quality full queen mattress. I'm 5'8" and have thought some about getting a short queen to allow for more room between the bed and the wardrobes.

I'm also planning some remodeling. I'm going to have the dinette removed and replaced with a desk with cupboards along the window and a free standing desk chair. Also going to have the couch removed and replaced with two free-standing recliners. And replace carpet on slides and in bedroom with the same vinyl flooring (which I love) in the rest of the coach, assuming I can find it.

Okay, this post is long enough. I write more about what's working for me and what's not.

Barbara (I'm thinking I should have some kind of cool online RVer name, but can't think what it should be).
BarbaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #46

The windshield did the same on mine. It has to be removed and a new seal installed. Will leak inside the bus otherwise. Took the dealer 2 weeks to get an approval to repair and another week to fix it.
GBonifay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:10 PM   #47

Argh, that doesn't sound good. Right now I'm waiting to hear from the dealer if Forest River will pay for a windshield guy to come out to my site so I don't have to bring the RV in to the dealer--again. As you all know, it's a big deal bringing the rig in, especially when you live in it.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

B
Old 01-10-2014, 11:23 PM   #48

Hello,

Iam wondering what/ if any has done to the platform fix. The wood supporting the base of the bed is far too short. Any soloutions?

Thanks in advance,
Pam
Pammyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #49

Regarding the platform under the bed, there's another thread under this FR3 forum labeled "FR3 queen bed" where a fix is discussed. It doesn't bother me since I replaced the RV mattress with my own regular mattress which is thicker and more substantial, so it doesn't really sag over the end.

On another topic, I posted above about the rubber molding or gasket or whatever you call it coming up from around the windshield. Went to the dealer and showed them pictures. Asked if I could get a mobile guy out since I'm a full-timer and it's a pain in the butt to move the RV for a few hours of service. Not to mention the cats have to go into a carrier on the bed and I have to sit at the dealer's since I don't yet have a tow for my car (I depend on the kindness of strangers, and sometimes taxi drivers when moving from one site to another in the San Diego area).

Bottom line, Forest River won't cover mobile service for this under the warranty and the dealer has to order a 'kit' before scheduling the service. From past experience this is likely to mean it will be more than a month before I can get this taken care of.

I am supposed to go to an RV boot camp hosted by the Escapees club in Arizona at the end of the month. I'm wondering if it would be safe to drive that distance an back the way it is. The windshield is firmly attached with the black goo... the molding appears to serve primarily a barrier function. Attached is a picture of what it looks like.

Any thoughts on whether or not it's safe to drive her like this?

Barbara
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	341.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	44758  
Old 01-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraG View Post
Regarding the platform under the bed, there's another thread under this FR3 forum labeled "FR3 queen bed" where a fix is discussed. It doesn't bother me since I replaced the RV mattress with my own regular mattress which is thicker and more substantial, so it doesn't really sag over the end.

On another topic, I posted above about the rubber molding or gasket or whatever you call it coming up from around the windshield. Went to the dealer and showed them pictures. Asked if I could get a mobile guy out since I'm a full-timer and it's a pain in the butt to move the RV for a few hours of service. Not to mention the cats have to go into a carrier on the bed and I have to sit at the dealer's since I don't yet have a tow for my car (I depend on the kindness of strangers, and sometimes taxi drivers when moving from one site to another in the San Diego area).

Bottom line, Forest River won't cover mobile service for this under the warranty and the dealer has to order a 'kit' before scheduling the service. From past experience this is likely to mean it will be more than a month before I can get this taken care of.

I am supposed to go to an RV boot camp hosted by the Escapees club in Arizona at the end of the month. I'm wondering if it would be safe to drive that distance an back the way it is. The windshield is firmly attached with the black goo... the molding appears to serve primarily a barrier function. Attached is a picture of what it looks like.

Any thoughts on whether or not it's safe to drive her like this?

Barbara

Barbara G, wow that's something I would not drive around with. Who know how much more will come undone if you start hitting some serious bumps. Again, good luck on this issue.
Rolling Magic is offline   Reply With Quote