Old 02-08-2015, 09:28 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technorick View Post
Before the snow pounder us I added a few white PVC fence posts on steel hangers inside and above the LP tank. these run across the coach and butt up against the back of the second step. I drilled one inch holes in the square posts for air flow and added a tin flashing to the bottom pop riveted the flashing in place as a heat shield. Isis this to take advantage of the open space above the LP tank. Same space ample space exists above the generator bay.

Did it cuz I wanted the hoses not to be in contact with the storage bins. I carry three male to female 10 footers and one 20 footer. It's crazy to carry so much sewer pipe but I use it often when we safari camp or park face to face when camping with friends.

This keeps it out of the way and ensures not cross contamination with water hoses.

Also added post to store my seven foot collapsable ladder in the same area. I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them.
thanks, look forward to seeing the pics!

Old 02-08-2015, 01:58 PM   #22

Posted this in the wrong place.

So here are the pics of the fence post sewer pipes. I ran two sizes. Two small 4x4s for the sewer pipes and one 5x5 for the ladder. The reason I placed them here is because in the FR3 the traditional location to place these fence posts ( the bumper or the undercarriage) were not suitable. I considered placing the fence post under the back faring under the frame extension there are two u shaped skid guards. They would have fit up in there and found it would have required I add a 4x4 panel door. So instead I chose the LP panel location instead. .

In the panel I added a piece of angle iron cross wise on the existing frame for the LPTank on the outside end and hangers on the frame substrate behind the steps on the curb side.

Took advantage of the panel space. Note: my 30DS 2014 has the original swing down panel doors.

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1423421877.056845.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1423421900.422596.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  66.4 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1423421914.055994.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  42.9 KB
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2015, 09:24 AM   #23

thanks for the pics Technorick. Looks Great! I will have to see if I can do it. how difficult was it?
Old 02-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #24

FR3 Sewer Hose Storage

I spent more time staring at the space and measuring than it took to install the hangers. If I had it to do again, I'd use three of the larger fence post because the 4x4 are a tight fit for the hoses. The larger post as mounted was added as an afterthought to store the collapsable ladder and get it out of the pass thru. The larger square as it sits on the cross bar angle iron above the tank is just a tad bit taller than the top of the storage bin opening. Tank side square posts are easily held in place with screws that align with the angle iron existing holes.

I found mounting the hangers on the step side more challenging because I used threaded rod with plastic lock nuts that required open wrench tightening. Getting in and up in that area was not so bad as you can sit upright in the battery bay. Also because I used two sized fence posts and I wanted them to snug up to the step frame I had to make a lower spacer with rubber bumper for the two smaller squares.

Perspective from my wife. "You spent two hours rigging that thing plus $70 in parts to do what a 12 cent trash bag was going before." My perspective is the storage bin between the generator and the water / sewer tank panel is now free and empty to be used for something else! I guess it's a guy thing.

2014 FR330 DS
Old 02-09-2015, 06:29 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technorick View Post
I spent more time staring at the space and measuring than it took to install the hangers. If I had it to do again, I'd use three of the larger fence post because the 4x4 are a tight fit for the hoses. The larger post as mounted was added as an afterthought to store the collapsable ladder and get it out of the pass thru. The larger square as it sits on the cross bar angle iron above the tank is just a tad bit taller than the top of the storage bin opening. Tank side square posts are easily held in place with screws that align with the angle iron existing holes.

I found mounting the hangers on the step side more challenging because I used threaded rod with plastic lock nuts that required open wrench tightening. Getting in and up in that area was not so bad as you can sit upright in the battery bay. Also because I used two sized fence posts and I wanted them to snug up to the step frame I had to make a lower spacer with rubber bumper for the two smaller squares.

Perspective from my wife. "You spent two hours rigging that thing plus $70 in parts to do what a 12 cent trash bag was going before." My perspective is the storage bin between the generator and the water / sewer tank panel is now free and empty to be used for something else! I guess it's a guy thing.

2014 FR330 DS
Yea, must be a guy thing, and my wife would probably say the same thing. But I still think it does a good job, out of sight and easy to access. I'll be going under my FR3 in the next day or two and stare at the underneath for a couple of hours. Thanks again for the info.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:07 PM   #26
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

FR3 Sewer Hose Storage

I went and bought the 8' 5"x5" vinyl fence post and am looking at mounting it on the frame rails side to side at the rear of the fuel tank. My thought; mount 2 angle brackets to the outside of the frame rails, use flat stock and threaded rod to mount the post. I'm pretty sure from just looking at the area that I'll need to shim the post so's its low enough to access without crawling under the coach and still be able to slide the rain gutter in and out. This way it'll be close by the drain outlet, won't look too ugly and I'll tilt it just enough and drill a few holes so any water will drain out. Also, by tilting some, it won't hang too low to look bad. I'll let YA know how it comes out. 😀

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:31 PM   #27

5 X 5 PVC fence post & gutter for a drawer.
Cut to size,paint black if desired & hang under unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (43).jpg
Views:	128
Size:	428.4 KB
ID:	69399  
Old 02-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivmsafe View Post
I went and bought the 8' 5"x5" vinyl fence post and am looking at mounting it on the frame rails side to side at the rear of the fuel tank. My thought; mount 2 angle brackets to the outside of the frame rails, use flat stock and threaded rod to mount the post. I'm pretty sure from just looking at the area that I'll need to shim the post so's its low enough to access without crawling under the coach and still be able to slide the rain gutter in and out. This way it'll be close by the drain outlet, won't look too ugly and I'll tilt it just enough and drill a few holes so any water will drain out. Also, by tilting some, it won't hang too low to look bad. I'll let YA know how it comes out. 😀

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Look forward to hearing how that works out and maybe you could post some pics. Thanks
Old 02-10-2015, 09:34 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD 1 View Post
5 X 5 PVC fence post & gutter for a drawer.
Cut to size,paint black if desired & hang under unit.
Have you already done this, or going to do it? Would like to hear how it installed and maybe some pics. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:55 AM   #30

I gave a sneak photo of mine but since I have a Class C I didn't think a lot of it would be applicable to the FR3 due to the higher chassis and lower side skirt. But if you want to look at what I did the details are in this post: Sewer hose storage

Tags
storage

« Towing | Fuses »