Old 02-04-2015, 09:36 AM   #1

FR3 Sewer Hose Storage

I'm looking for suggestions/alternatives to storing the sewer hose in the FR3 30DS, rather than just storing it in a compartment. No offense to anyone, but would like to hear specifically from FR3 owners, and what they've done, so I can try and do the same. Thanks.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #2

pILOTO

cLUE ME IN ON STORAGE FOR HOSES TOO!!

Old 02-04-2015, 11:40 AM   #3
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

My biggest complaint about the FR3 is lack of storage for the sewer hose. They probably felt that the 4" square rear bumper would take away the esthetics. It would have been a good storage spot for the hose. Most other MH and TT's have this bumper.
That being said, Camping World has a plastic EZ hose carrier (part# 60174) that can be attached to the underside of a MH. I was considering this but haven't really looked into it much. Not sure where to install it for easy access.
Any other FR3 owners looked into this?

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #4

I looked into them also, but I've read reviews that the rhino hoses don't quite fit into them. I read about using PVC fence post, but still wondering where I would be able to mount it. thanks for the comments.
Old 02-04-2015, 12:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsWhoDat View Post
No offense to anyone, but would like to hear specifically from FR3 owners, and what they've done, so I can try and do the same. Thanks.
OK, I will break from the request of only FR3 owner to responsd just to suggest the method I used before going to under chassis vinyl fence post storage that I currently have.
What I did is a bought a 16 gallon Rubbermaid (like) storage bin and coiled my hoses and sewer accessories into that. It fit perfectly in my outside cargo storage. It kept all the grey matter in one container. I learned to toss a pouch of damp-rid in it to help control the moisture in the bin.

Bobby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140703_175912_resized.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	284.2 KB
ID:	69185   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140703_175247_resized.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	655.5 KB
ID:	69187  
Old 02-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #6

That is a nice simple idea Bobby.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:17 PM   #7

Bobby, I do thank you for the response. That is a good idea that I didn't think of. I guess I should learn from this to not limit my "audience", eh?

thanks again. Jim
Old 02-04-2015, 01:33 PM   #8

I use a plastic storage box as well, but I add a plastic carry bag for a mans suit and put the hose in the bag and then in the box. It is sturdy, zips up and the perfect size for the hose. (this is my sanitation safety bag) I also buy latex gloves and keep them in the box along with a cheap extra hose, a hose joiner and two adapters from the hose to the drain (one hard plastic and the other a rubber like fitting). Sometimes the hard plastic does not work. The connector on the hose is clear plastic so I can monitor what is draining. My labels on the trailer were reversed during manufacturing.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:56 PM   #9

Our 315wp came with a 4"pvc hose storage tube under ths trailer.Unfortuneatly they either made it too short or put it in the wrong spot. The opening is way under the trailer so you must crawl in the dirt (or what ever) to get at the end plug. Its too small to stuff the 45 and 90 degree ends on the hose.My solution to this is to get a 4" to 6" transition piece,cut the existing carrier off a couple inches back from the end fitting,glue the previosly mentioned transition piece on,then glue a piece of 6" pvc into that so it will only be a couple inches in from the side.A simple pipe plug or a 6" test plug fitting will go on that. Noe there is room for the elbow and I dont have to crawl under the trailer to get it! The hangers on the factory tube look pretty flimsy,so I will make a new one that will attach to the trailer skirting and wrap around the extension I have added.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:50 PM   #10

Well i have a couple good ideas but since i do not own an FR3 i'll save my comments for F/R Salem 27RKSS owners.

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage

« Towing | Fuses »