Old 06-19-2014, 06:35 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscoFR3 View Post
Slide out issue happened on the Bed slide this weekend. I have a 2015 25 Fr3, so this is nothing they have fixed in the new model. Thank god i read this prior to this issue occurring, so i knew what to do, just a little push on the outside while the wife ran the switch. Now getting it fixed, any suggestions on how to navigate the warranty process? Start with Forest River or the dealer?
Pleased to say that Forest River was very responsive and I received a call that same day from Kevin in FR3 warranty. They contacted my dealer and had things in motion by the following day. They reassured me that i would have the rig back in time for our trip to florida and made the whole interaction surprising pleasant.

Thanks Forest River!

Old 07-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #52

Just left the factory with the windshield noise issue. There was no caulk or sealant around the whole windshield and it used to scream at us going down the road. Now nice and quiet.

Just after we left the factor and arrived in Western NY state the rear slide failed as all of you have describe. Kevin Stratton is taking care of us but caused us a weeks delay in our schedule and fouled up reservations. Kevin is great and has been right on top of any issue we have.

Forrest River is aware of this problem from what I can tell and surely they have had a lot of reports of the rear slide. Strangely no main slide issues were mentioned in this post. I hope that motor and gearbox is more substantial than the one I saw over the bedroom slide. That motor and assembly is destined to fail for just about everyone as far as I can see.

Also I wrote Mike as the previous poster mentioned and told him that while these issues are being addressed they should review their mentality and approach with regards to creature comforts in the basic design. No cup holders for passenger or by the couch is inexcusable and would cost virtually nothing. Also such things as prewiring for vent fans would have cost little.

I love the FR3 but it is aggravating when you just leave the factory for warranty service and then several days later the slide fails like so many others have. Maybe they don't have a better solution yet but we could have been warned.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:27 PM   #53

Came home today and could not extend the large slide on my TT. Called the Rv center I go to for service she said they were closed but to bring it in on Monday. After about three hours I went back outside and hit the button and presto the damn thing extended. I'm thinking during my trip home a bump might have moved the slide to where it was binding against the gear. After it sat for a while the pressure must have released and allowed it to travel. Big relief for me and mama was able to vacuum the TT before I took it to storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #54
Motoring

I found it won't operate when the engine is running. Whether the slide is in or out, it won't operate it with motor running. Safety I suppose.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto69 View Post
I found it won't operate when the engine is running. Whether the slide is in or out, it won't operate it with motor running. Safety I suppose.

A TT has a motor?

Also i will test in a bout 15 mins the slide with engine running. Dont think there is any lock out for this. Certainly no lock out for rolling down the road and the screen door being a little loose (hinges) and all of a sudden stairs go down....hit another bump .... back in. Had that happen a couple of times on the trip home yesterday. Will be adding a switch!
Old 07-07-2014, 05:16 PM   #56

Grotto69 i stand corrected and learned something today. You cannot on the motorhome use the slide out/in controls while the engine is running.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by svwc View Post
Finally, after 2 weeks, the dealer got the warranty authorization to get the part, but FR does not have any, must get the gearbox from the manufacture, BAL.
We'll see how long this takes...........
what a PITA

3 weeks to get the gear drive parts, then 2 weeks to get'r fixed, all ends well

I'll be helping, manually pushing these slides in & out to prevent this from happening again

Old 07-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #58

SVWC, Ive found on my 25DS that if i fold the mattress up onto itself and pick the end boards up and fold them under on the platform that the slide coming in is a lot easier. Going out i pick the end boards up and help it go out. Seems to be a lot less strain on the system (more on me putting it out).

I think Forest River needs to document better how the rear slide should be opened/closed and also it could use improvement.

Ill be helping the rear slide. Crazy thing is there seems to be almost no issue with the front slides. Heck i pulled it in and out with the wife sitting at the table. It moves and works great so im thinking its the funky board setup at the end of the bed that is the problem maker.

/my $0.02
//getting my rear motor/gear replaced on the 25th and my steps
Old 07-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #59

Just got back to NJ from a great trip to GA and went to open the rear slide. The grinding noise was so loud I think the neighbors heard it. I had to push it while my wife held the button, in order to open it. It was louder, and more difficult to push than I had expected. I'll be calling the dealer and FR on Monday! We have another trip in two weeks.
PhotoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoMaster View Post
Just got back to NJ from a great trip to GA and went to open the rear slide. The grinding noise was so loud I think the neighbors heard it. I had to push it while my wife held the button, in order to open it. It was louder, and more difficult to push than I had expected. I'll be calling the dealer and FR on Monday! We have another trip in two weeks.
You know i still say that things go in cycles here. Sorry to hear about your problem. The thing is that these things should not be happening to begin with. Everyone pays good money for their units or MH. How many times do you estimate that you used that slide? Then it's always 2 or 3 weeks and FR has to order the parts. Hell they build them you know they have a stock pile, or the frame manufacturer has to have them. Who ever heard of that you have to pull boards up to make something work. PhotoMaster, I would try and wash out the gear area before you take it in, sometimes you get road grime caught in it. That's another area that needs covering to prevent it from happening...Good luck

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out