Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2014, 01:47 PM   #1

FR3 Slide Out Issue

Has anyone experienced slide out issues? We just returned from a trip and the main slide out will not expand, it makes a grinding/clicking noise. I did not find any obstructions.

Jesse
jbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:27 PM   #2

None yet.
JerseyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #3

That is your clutch you are hearing something is bindinding it up, Are you level? Check underneath and see if something got caught in your gear. If you keep doing it it will burn your clutch out. Have you spayed it with dry lube yet?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:05 PM   #4

Thanks for your response. We're level in my driveway, nothing visible underneath.
It's going to the dealer next week.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:26 PM   #5

Please let us know what they find.
PhotoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #6

FR3 Slideout Issue

The unit is at the dealer, haven't heard back yet.
I'll let you know what they find.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #7

Been living it mine full time and no trouble so far.
Ron Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #8

I thought I was having a issue with the main slideout this morning, then realized I was pushing the button the wrong direction.

2014 JEEP WRANGLER WILLYS
Bobb36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #9

Slide out... Entry Step...etc

Our bedroom slide on th FR3 does not work Grinding noise every 3 insch, figured the motor gearbox is gone. No obstructions... right tension... what? Is brandnew slide out used 5 times.

Had my entry step serviced... Switch lights not working anymore..

Dealer said "Motherboard..."wanted $400 it takes something to get service.... He lied to me, thought i was a rookie. I am an engineer myself. Fixed it my self, just a new switch.

Entry step is a problem... too low, hits every curbside, Can't check the leveling jacks... have to open door. So i made a switch .... go to the door MAGNET wiring (On the screendoor) pull the wire out (2 wires) and make a switch between the 2 wires to keep the step from going out!! Saves your step... now when you park... open the door carefully... the step stays in.... and check if you can extract the steps.... if so... click the switch.

Presto....

Hopefully we get the back slide fixed without a warranty battle!

The are not too quick at Forest river.....
pimhelmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbutch View Post
Has anyone experienced slide out issues? We just returned from a trip and the main slide out will not expand, it makes a grinding/clicking noise. I did not find any obstructions.

Jesse
Us too.... severe slide problems... bed slide... check "Accuslide" manufactered by Norco.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #11

My bed made a noise bringing it in yesterday so I stopped. It would jot go back out, just bad noise in upper right looking from inside. It came in all the way and goes out about one foot then stops with bad noise. I will have to call dealer in the AM. Fortunately it is stuck in and we do not a camping trip soon.
Enconcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:45 AM   #12

Our slide was repaired (By Ron Hoover Houston, GREAT SERVICE!) it was the gearbox on the Norco Electro Motor (see EBAY type"
BAL Accu-Slide Replacement Motor Standard 22307 RV Slide-out Accuslide Norco"

It's $125,-

Took 3 days , mainly to order it. It;s Fixed under warranty.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:53 AM   #13

This is the Info

BAL Accu Slide Replacement Motor Standard 22307 RV Slide Out Accuslide Norco | eBay.webloc

At accuslide site they have PDF manuals for the adjustment and installation of the Slide/Wire system and Motors.

It's important to adjust the slides after a while, the "string cables" loose up. Need to be adjusted, or the slide will go "Sideways" and corrupts the Gearbox. In my gearbox a "Tooth" was broken off causing the slide to get stuck and making the "Grinding" noise.

Push the Slide from the outside while pulling the slide in pushing the switch..... when in, go look for service.
Old 05-23-2014, 04:55 AM   #14

At Ron Hoover they had 2 more FR3's with the same slide problem..... might be a Forest River problem??
Old 05-23-2014, 07:06 AM   #15

Just got mine back...

My bedroom slide on a 25DS made a noise while extending. Thought that I better get it in since I was 90 miles from the house. It would not come back in. Called Service Dept and they said to hang tight and they would call the MFG in the morning and see what they thought. In the mean time they sent me the link to the repair manual.

In the morning they called and said to go outside and push it in, while the wife push the button. The gear box appeared to have a "Dental Problem", broken tooth on a gear. I was able to push it over the bad tooth and it thumped each time we hit the bad tooth. We got it all the way in.

I had removed the panel to expose the gearbox and motor assembly. I watched the assembly as my wife pushed the button. I could see the motor and it small, input shaft turning, but the output shaft was not turning the gear and chains.It all looked good except that the motor appeared to be installed with a slight tilt.

Dealer ordered the part and put it in last week. It appears that the tilt was causing the chain to bind on the gear which caused more of a load on the gearbox than it was designed for. It is now mounted nice and level and works great.

Troy at Freedom RV in Liberty Lake , WA has done a great job of fixing the little problems we have had.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #16

The Norco "Gearbox" is the weak part.

I am now very cautious to extend my slides.... They both have the same motor/Gearbox. Seen a few (8) Gearbox problems now with similar noises and situation.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #17

Yes, just happened to our fr3 25ds
Rear bedroom slide gearbox nfg
Looks like a tooth in the box has snapped off Dealer is ordering a new box, but could be several weeks, then the install
The box is a R25076
Cannot find it through BAL ??
Is it that new they don't have it on the website, or is it built specially for the fr3 ?
svwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:12 PM   #18
Motoring

When should this be recalled, what is the process for that? FR should publish some instructions on how to check it out and what to do if you have a problem when your on a trip and need to get back home. How to manually disengage the slide if that's possible.
grotto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:49 PM   #19

One good thing about the gearbox skipping / grinding, you can still move the slide in & out by pushing the slide, unlike if the motor burns out, then out comes the drill & extension

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1401148147.207023.jpg
Views:	4220
Size:	837.2 KB
ID:	53393
svwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:39 PM   #20

Well it happened us too this weekend. When we went to put the rear slide out it resisted and made some noise. Fortunately due to the forum posts I was prepared for some resistance with it going in as well. We were able to get it in with some pushing from the outside that we can hear the missing tooth skipping.
I'll be calling the dealer in the morning to make sure they get the part ordered.
We have a list of things that they need to take care of so this is just one more, but it's the biggest.
auntieshoes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out