Old 04-11-2015, 01:58 AM   #1
Junior Retiree

FR3 Windshield Leaks

Purchased the 2014 FR3 30DS last year and have had it back to the Dealer multiple times for windshield leaks. Dealer addresses the leak, performs water test - passes. We take it for a trip and it starts leaking again. Anyone else have this continuing problem? Anyone had the problem but had it permanently fixed, and if so how?
Cheers!

Old 04-11-2015, 04:35 AM   #2

I would suggest you bring it to a auto glass shop and let them look it over, they may know a few things the dealer does not.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:36 AM   #3

Our you sure its a window leak. My fr3 has a lot of condensation and looks like window leaks but it is not. even drips off shade rolller down to center of dash.
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:57 AM   #4

First happened to me as well. Dealer cant fix. Called auto glass company and they fixed in 15 mins. They knew exactly where to look, how to look and how to fix. That was over a year ago. Glass company charged the dealer and then FR paid the dealer back. I believe there is already a thread on this....?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 04-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #5

Took mine in to CW for windshield leak, they found there were "pits" in the upper part of the windshield. They contacted FR and a new windshield was installed by auto glass company (under warranty).
KsWhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #6

Mine was leaking too............the caulk/sealer around the windshield was pitted and water was just running right in. I ended up sealing back up myself and no more problems.

Another area to concern yourself with is the running lights above the windshield. Test them both. First run water over the windshield. If it leaks, then there you go. If it doesn't, run water around the running lights above.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:57 AM   #7
Junior Retiree

Thanks for the feedback folks. The Dealer seems to be able to seal the area where it's leaking thus passing the water test, but once I take it on the road, especially over highways that shake the unit it starts leaking again, sometimes leaking in different locations. It's definitely water from the outside and not condensation, the latest episode dripping down onto the dash pretty steadily and stopped once the rain quit.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #8

Mine didn't leak, but the rubber gasket was pulling out in places and you could even see daylight between the windshield and the body. The windshield was not seated correctly. After much finagling I had it reseated under warranty. Done through the dealer but they brought in a special auto glass guy. Have had no trouble since.

Barbara
2014 FR3 30DS

Tags
leak