Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 21
front ac leaked

Was in a bad storm this weekend at Watkins Glen while camping when all of a sudden my front ac started to leaking. The water came in for about 10 minute and then it stopped. We have been in rain storms before and this is the first time We have a 2017 FR 3 DS I know it is under warranty but was wondering if this happen to anyone else. Thanks
__________________

cameron4467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:45 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brother Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BoCoMo
Posts: 2,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron4467 View Post
Was in a bad storm this weekend at Watkins Glen while camping when all of a sudden my front ac started to leaking. The water came in for about 10 minute and then it stopped. We have been in rain storms before and this is the first time We have a 2017 FR 3 DS I know it is under warranty but was wondering if this happen to anyone else. Thanks
It is very possible for water to come in from the outside and/or the AC 'drain' get clogged by debris and cause water to leak 'in' instead of 'out'. A lot of water on the roof near the AC and not running off, will find a lower point and that is what happened. This may never happen again until you are caught in a huuuge storm. Also, the next time you are on the roof, make sure that there is no build up of leaves/sticks/debris build up inside and around the edges of the AC unit, this could cause a redirection of AC water flow. Been there, done that..... The worst part is the wife yelling about 'water coming in'....... (as she wants me to go out side in the storm to 'stop it'.... )
__________________

__________________
Brother Les

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 516
Your AC mounting bolts may need tightened. If you take off the shroud, there should be 4 corner bolts that you can tighten. Make sure the foam gasket, about 1", is compressed evenly all the way around. Sometimes, the factory will forget these minor things.
__________________
Mike
2015 FR3 30DS
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 07:51 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Broward County
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasFR3 View Post
Your AC mounting bolts may need tightened. If you take off the shroud, there should be 4 corner bolts that you can tighten. Make sure the foam gasket, about 1", is compressed evenly all the way around. Sometimes, the factory will forget these minor things.
Exactly, but in my case I can only tighten the bolts from the inside when taking the ceiling assembly off.

Also on this note, I had a local RV shop replace my original A/C under warranty, since after it leaked it was moldy and rusty...
DutchRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:36 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 21
ac leak still

Called my dealer yesterday to tell him that I did the tighten of the bolts and went up the roof to make sure that was running of the roof ok and it was.Will run fine BUT when you shut it down that when it leaks not much but it still leaks. Almost like something freezes and when you shut it off it just starts leaking and not all the time. Run out where you pull the filter out.
cameron4467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:58 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Broward County
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron4467 View Post
Called my dealer yesterday to tell him that I did the tighten of the bolts and went up the roof to make sure that was running of the roof ok and it was.Will run fine BUT when you shut it down that when it leaks not much but it still leaks. Almost like something freezes and when you shut it off it just starts leaking and not all the time. Run out where you pull the filter out.
Identical to what I encountered. Could be the intake fan 'holding' the water in the unit, and when shut off, it can run down.

Take the shroud (roof cover) off one more time, see if where the bolts come though the roof and metal A/C housing, see if those are covered in silicone. My second unit that I installed, has that, because water can seep (or sucked in) through those...
DutchRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 07:12 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Broward County
Posts: 298
Like this:



__________________

DutchRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
leak

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.