Old 12-27-2019, 10:25 PM   #1

Furnace

2019 FR3. Plugged in to shore power. Front furnace works fine. Rear furnace will not come on in heat mode. Air works and fan works until we turn it in heat mode. Furnace light on furnace button will not work.

sandnpalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:09 AM   #2

Just a quick verification, since you are saying front and rear furnace. Are you referring to the gas heater or overhead a/c slash heater. In my trailer I have A/C that with correct parts can also be a heater in my master bedroom. Then I have the rear A/C that is controlled by the thermostat. However when heat is needed it is an actual furnace box that heats whole trailer. Thru separate vents in the floor.

moose074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:24 AM   #3

FR3 brochures I've seen shows a single furnace. Do a walk around outside unit and see how many of these there are. There will be one for each furnace.
Attached Images

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 11:47 AM   #4

I have 3 AC units in our fiver, each on a separate thermostat. The front and mid unit thermostat have furnace on them but do not control the furnace. The rear unit has AC, and Heat Pump along with furnace which controls the furnace. Iíve never seen an FR3 with 2 furnaces.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 03:09 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose074 View Post
Just a quick verification, since you are saying front and rear furnace. Are you referring to the gas heater or overhead a/c slash heater. In my trailer I have A/C that with correct parts can also be a heater in my master bedroom. Then I have the rear A/C that is controlled by the thermostat. However when heat is needed it is an actual furnace box that heats whole trailer. Thru separate vents in the floor.
That's what I was wondering. Never seen any RV with two separate furnaces.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 05:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
That's what I was wondering. Never seen any RV with two separate furnaces.
Then you are not familiar with motorhomes which the OP's is. Never owned a motorhome that didn't have 2 furnaces but they were at least 38 footers.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 05:14 PM   #7

Our older Newmar Mountain Aire was 40í with one furnace but have seen many different and cheaper coaches with 2.Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	361.9 KB
ID:	221090
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:01 AM   #8

Do what Bubbles said. See how many furnace bezels you have. Most likely you have only one and only one thermostat will control it.
JohnMirada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:42 AM   #9

FR3s only have one furnace. The bedroom thermostat is only for AC. In fact, it wonít even allow you to select Furnace on my 2020 FR3 30DS.
Lfresin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 02:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfresin1 View Post
FR3s only have one furnace. The bedroom thermostat is only for AC. In fact, it wonít even allow you to select Furnace on my 2020 FR3 30DS.
From the specs, the FR3's, Georgetown G3's and the G5's only have one 35K furnace, except for the 36B5, which is a bunkhouse,. It is the only one with both a 35K and 20K additional furnace listed. On my 34H5, only the front thermostat will control the furnace. The bedroom thermostat will control the heatpump, but not the propane furnace even though it also has the furnace button. Like yours, it is non operational and does not light up.
TominVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:08 AM   #11

I have a 2019 FR3 32DS. For heat, I have my gas furnace and the forward roof unit is a heat pump which can obviously be used for either heat or AC. The unit in the rear master bedroom is AC only.

2019 FR3 32DS
bvorndra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:51 PM   #12

There is no furnace for rear. A/C and fan only.
Furnace only works heat for all areas. Front unit also has a heat pump separate from furnace mode but only works at outside temps above 40. Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandnpalms View Post
2019 FR3. Plugged in to shore power. Front furnace works fine. Rear furnace will not come on in heat mode. Air works and fan works until we turn it in heat mode. Furnace light on furnace button will not work.

longdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace