Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2018, 08:08 AM   #1

Furnace problems

Good morning, from other Forest River forums it appears furnace issues are across the Forest River line of RVs but specific to the FR3, 25DS if that matters.
I am typically a fair-weather camper but due to never ending winter and a dog show I had to use the RV.
Propane tank full, RV plugged into 30 amp. Fan set to auto, Furnace temp set at 75 (it was 25 outside). I heard the overhead click on and a few seconds later I heard the click in the furnace area, then nothing. Several seconds later, another click, nothing.
I changed the indoor fuse under the bed to be sure it wasnt a fuse issue. Still no luck.
Has anyone else had this issue?
Did you fix it yourself or is this a required mechanic fix? If fixed yourself, how/what part, etc?
Thank you .. luckily its starting to warm here BUT it made for one cold night!
3BadDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:26 AM   #2

Just a quick guess.....sometimes you will have air in the gas line. The furnace will try to light 3 times, then shut down. Try lighting your stove and keep it lit until you have a good flame, then try the furnace again.
Hope this helps and good luck.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:29 AM   #3

Someone is sure to ask so I'll get it out of the way.........

Propane turned on?
Lines cleared and tested using a stove burner?

Marty
Old 04-10-2018, 10:05 AM   #4

Yes, sorry I forgot to say. Blue flame perfection from all burners on stove, hot water heater working like a champ.
3BadDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:00 AM   #5

So you are plugged in? If not I would say you had a weak battery... because we had that problem.... did you check the sail switch?
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:03 AM   #6

Long discussions on the net about this over the years. Many have changed their thermostat to fix the problem. Yes, sometimes it was the sail switch. Let us know, it’s very frustrating. Check all vents to make sure you have proper air flow, incoming and exiting. Restrictions have caused these problems before.
Combatcoal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace

« Pantry fix | Awning »