Old 12-18-2015, 08:32 AM   #1

Angry Fuse/Breaker Panels

I recently had an occasion to check the fuse/breaker panels located in the bedroom, at floor level and against the back wall. One panel opens from the bottom with the door hinge on the top. I really question the huge amount of money saved by such a location. I guess that you are expected to lay on the floor to check them out and even then it would be a certified pain in the rear. Someone had their thinking cap in neutral on that day.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:20 AM   #2

It might be because the 12V converter is in the external bay immediately below the floor there. But yeah, giving it a few more feet and a door that opened more sanely would be a better design.

Old 01-12-2016, 10:25 PM   #3

I've often wondered as that plastic door requires the bedroom slide to be fully open (in the DS 30) to access it, what happens if you loose DC power due to a fuse? just how you would one actuate the slide motor to open the bedroom to get to the fuses! Even with the slide opened its a tight spot for a big guy. I found that out when I moved my ac breaker over away from the main to keep it from overheating and popping off.

2014 FR330 DS
Old 06-08-2016, 07:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technorick View Post
I've often wondered as that plastic door requires the bedroom slide to be fully open (in the DS 30) to access it, what happens if you loose DC power due to a fuse? just how you would one actuate the slide motor to open the bedroom to get to the fuses! Even with the slide opened its a tight spot for a big guy. I found that out when I moved my ac breaker over away from the main to keep it from overheating and popping off.

2014 FR330 DS

Hi!
I have a 2014 FR3 30 DS, too.
I am in OK in June with no shade, temps in 90s and humidity in 90s. I am trying to keep it 80 in my coach. I am plugged into 30 amp shore power. We have a surge protector at the shore power source to make sure basic polarity and stuff are good. The AC circuit breaker flips off at least once a day. We wait 10 mins and reset. But today for the first time the switch was really warm. What makes the AC circuit breaker flip? What makes it hot to touch? We do have fridge on, computer on, powered satellite tv antenna on, and small floor fan running to move air around. No other power, breakers, or fuse problems. Is this thing going to catch on fire or melt down?
You said you moved your circuit breaker. How hard is that to do that?
Roasting in OK
Old 06-08-2016, 08:40 PM   #5

First. My 2014 DS 30 was an early model. I think they moved the breaker away from the main in later builds. The AC breaker may be heating up due to a loose connection. Opening the panel and tightening the screw that connects the wire on the ac breaker may help. Mine was loose

If you are non electrical , you can still move the breaker over because it snaps in place on the bottom. No wires to disconnect. You'd have to remove a blank pop out plastic pane on the panel right. The breaker connects to the main bus as it slips tightly over a brass bar clip. Therefore there is only one wire that connects to it. If you attempt this be sure you are not plugged it to shore power.

If any of this scares you, ask a pro to do it. It should not take more than 10 minutes to either tighten the screw and or to move the breaker over to an empty slot away from the main.
Old 06-08-2016, 09:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technorick View Post
First. My 2014 DS 30 was an early model. I think they moved the breaker away from the main in later builds. The AC breaker may be heating up due to a loose connection. Opening the panel and tightening the screw that connects the wire on the ac breaker may help. Mine was loose

If you are non electrical , you can still move the breaker over because it snaps in place on the bottom. No wires to disconnect. You'd have to remove a blank pop out plastic pane on the panel right. The breaker connects to the main bus as it slips tightly over a brass bar clip. Therefore there is only one wire that connects to it. If you attempt this be sure you are not plugged it to shore power.

If any of this scares you, ask a pro to do it. It should not take more than 10 minutes to either tighten the screw and or to move the breaker over to an empty slot away from the main.

Wow! Thanks!
Old 06-08-2016, 10:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Maze View Post
Hi!
I have a 2014 FR3 30 DS, too.
I am in OK in June with no shade, temps in 90s and humidity in 90s. I am trying to keep it 80 in my coach. I am plugged into 30 amp shore power. We have a surge protector at the shore power source to make sure basic polarity and stuff are good. The AC circuit breaker flips off at least once a day. We wait 10 mins and reset. But today for the first time the switch was really warm. What makes the AC circuit breaker flip? What makes it hot to touch? We do have fridge on, computer on, powered satellite tv antenna on, and small floor fan running to move air around. No other power, breakers, or fuse problems. Is this thing going to catch on fire or melt down?
You said you moved your circuit breaker. How hard is that to do that?
Roasting in OK

I had this happening in my Flagstaff tt. I dealt with it for a few months before I figured it out. And it was 2 years old at the time. Does the AC have a grid-like panel? I found a foam filter in mine and it was really dirty. I cleaned and dried the filter and I now do it twice a season. Never had the breaker trip again.

So, that's your cold air return, and when it gets clogged, the fan motor works too hard and trips the breaker. The excess load of current that the fan needs to use, to suck air through a clogged filter can cause the breaker to trip. Because heat is what causes a breaker to trip.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:51 PM   #8

This happened to us and we switched the fridge over to propane and it helped some. You just have to reduce the load on the circuit breaker a little bit.

Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker, fuse