Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2015, 10:35 PM   #21

breakers were tripped, but it only solved the appliances. Radio still dead in the water. Called three dealers including Forest River customer service, no one has been able to tell me where the fuse is for the Radio. I have an appointment to get it serviced but that's weeks away. Heading out next week, without radio and cameras if I can't figure it out by then.
DreamCatcherVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #22

I wish I had an answer. I took mine in to a Ford RV service center for chassis issues, defective kingpin and draining battery, and they found a loose wire behind the switches for the awning and the steps or near the chassis batteries (the service tech was gone and the guy couldn't tell me exactly). They reconnected that wire and bent the anchor so it would stay on and then everything magically worked correctly. I have it in at the dealer again for the rear camera doingbthe fishbowl thing others have described and two other non-essential issues. It takes a patient man, but I do dig my FR3. Also, as someone else posted, print yourself a copy of the Ford F-53 chassis manual. It has info on fuses.
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:25 PM   #23

Thanks for the feedback. I've filed the Chassis manual with the fuse descriptions to keep it handy in the future on the FR3. unfortunately it didn't help this time. none of the fuses listed are blown. I finally got a local dealer to setup an appointment but not for several weeks down the road.
DreamCatcherVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, modifications