Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 131
Grey water gate valves

Has anyone replaced there 11/2 inch grey water plumbing for 3 inch...been haveing lots of problems since New with drainage problems.
__________________

lazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:18 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 4,766
What kind of problems? My gray tanks have always drained slower, but not enough for me to go through the PITA of switching everything to larger pipe

Have you had a camera run in your tank/pipes to see if there are any obstructions? Several reports of material falling into tank when factory cut holes for vent and input lines.
__________________

NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:21 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
What kind of problems? My gray tanks have always drained slower, but not enough for me to go through the PITA of switching everything to larger pipe

Have you had a camera run in your tank/pipes to see if there are any obstructions? Several reports of material falling into tank when factory cut holes for vent and input lines.


I was thinking about debris from the tank but canít for the life of me think why they only put a 11/2 inch pipe on the tank...had to take the gate valve off to snake it clean
lazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:26 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 4,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazbo View Post
I was thinking about debris from the tank but canít for the life of me think why they only put a 11/2 inch pipe on the tank...had to take the gate valve off to snake it clean
Pretty standard in every RV I have ever seen. Gray should not have anything solid in it but maybe small food particles from sink. So 1.5" should be sufficient. What debris did you find when you snaked it?
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:34 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Pretty standard in every RV I have ever seen. Gray should not have anything solid in it but maybe small food particles from sink. So 1.5" should be sufficient. What debris did you find when you snaked it?


Looked exactly that..fat,etc.And yes very standard I must agree.I might re-plumb but was also thinking of looking in the tank as sometimes itís good and sometimes itís plugged...had the same problem once in a gas tank that had paper floating in it which would suck into the lines and stop the car then refloat after...
lazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:47 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 4,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazbo View Post
Looked exactly that..fat,etc.And yes very standard I must agree.I might re-plumb but was also thinking of looking in the tank as sometimes itís good and sometimes itís plugged...had the same problem once in a gas tank that had paper floating in it which would suck into the lines and stop the car then refloat after...
Ah. We have found that using liquid dish washer detergent works well to degrease our gray tanks of the soap scum. It doesn't create suds like Dawn will. We put it in the gray tank when half or more full, drive to our next stop, and then fill and flush tank. Amazing the gunk that comes out
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:52 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 131
Thanks for the tip...much like putting ice cubes in the black tank and heading out to remove debris from the inside of the tank...just frustrating ...never had this problem with my fleet wood but all in all itís just a learning experience...thank you for responding and the tips...
lazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:53 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 131
Might put a camera up though that sounds like itís more to do with my problem from constructive debris
lazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:54 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 4,766
I was just thinking about the re-plumbing idea. Was wondering if you would also need to change the vent pipe size to match the output. I suppose if it couldn't keep up it might pull the water out of the sink traps. Or, it might not be a problem at all. Just thinking out loud.
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:55 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 131
It works for the sewer though
__________________

lazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
grey water, valve, water

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 AM.