Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2014, 06:36 AM   #1

Has anyone vented the range hood to the outside on an FR 3?

I am thinking of venting the range hood as the next big improvement. The range hood pulls air through the filter and then exhausts out the back, against the outside wall. It is hard to see but the rear of the hood appears to have the rectangular hole that would attach to an outside vent. The biggest question is cutting a hole in the outside wall to match perfectly. Last week I checked out many other brands that have the same hood and were vented to the outside with a low profile outside cap.

Has anyone done this yet?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Enconcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enconcapt View Post
I am thinking of venting the range hood as the next big improvement. The range hood pulls air through the filter and then exhausts out the back, against the outside wall. It is hard to see but the rear of the hood appears to have the rectangular hole that would attach to an outside vent. The biggest question is cutting a hole in the outside wall to match perfectly. Last week I checked out many other brands that have the same hood and were vented to the outside with a low profile outside cap.

Has anyone done this yet?

There is a thread on the forum with directions and pictures of how to do it. use the search you should fine it. Hope that helps you....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
There is a thread on the forum with directions and pictures of how to do it. use the search you should fine it. Hope that helps you....
I'm interested in installing an outside vent too. My 2014 39FKDS is not vented to the outside either. I can not find the thread with the instructions and pictures. Help?
Thanks,
Gary
tri5ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #4

I searched for anything on the subject and always got back a long list of responses. After reading through hundreds of posts I gave up and started this thread. Anybody have a link to the info with pictures?

Thanks

Enconcapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #5

Here's one on the microwave vent. I don't think it's too much different for the range hood:

Cedar Creek RV Owners Club • View topic - Changing Microwave to exhaust out of camper

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #6

I cant imagine this being too hard. When i installed an outside shower i put the template on the inside, marked it and drilled 1/8" holes to outside. Used jigsaw with a fine metal blade for cutting the hole. Make sure there is planty of masking tape in your trailer so you dont scrstch it with the jigsaw. Its easier than you think. You will see. Measure 5 times cut once
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:48 PM   #7

Installed a vent in ours; note it's stick and tin. As per earlier post mark from the inside the location, and drill pilot holes from the inside out. I added a step to cut open the inside wall to look for obstructions. Located wiring that I had to consider when cutting the hole from the outside using a jig saw. To protect the surface I placed green painters tape outside my cut line.

TV - 2013 Silverado 1500, 5.3L
TT - 2012 Wildwood 26 TBSS
mduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:22 PM   #8

Before you start cutting, have a beer. It helps relax
Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #9
New to Forest River

Is this really the case? I've owned a Class A and several TTs and all of them had the range hood vented outside the unit.

Grey Nomads, Ron and Sue

Tags
vent