Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2015, 02:32 PM   #41
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1barnes View Post
Mine is a 2015 and as Frog above said 2007 to 2010 Silverado assemblies fit. It is the whole assembly. You do loose the LED's in the headlights. FR said the wire harness is plug and play.

I'd be very interested hearing how the install, plug and play goes b1. Please keep us posted after you get the assemblies.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:44 PM   #42

Question. When I turn on the LED lights on the console the lights on my awning comes on but so do my headlights. Is this normal and wouldn't this run the battery down. Thanks for your input. I have a FR3
angelicashelties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:59 PM   #43

b1barnes,
Who did contact at FR I would like to explore this option and see if they would be willing to help me out with the headlights for my 2014.
Jmluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:29 AM   #44

We had the same issue. Contacted FR3 servie, complained about the issue and they replaced the headlights. FR3 service CR#3 Elkhart,IN
J1BCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:49 AM   #45

@angelicashelties, the way FR did the earlier models was to have the headlight LED halos come on with the awning LEDs. It'll only run down your house batteries, but their LEDs and they don't use much power. Some people just cut the wire to the LED Halos and put heatshrink over the wire so they never come on or tie them to the head light circuit. Couple ways to do without them if you choose to. I thought they were too bright, so I installed a resistor to step down the voltage. But I'll probably change out the whole headlight assy to the Silverado setup to get brighter headlights. Which they won't have the halo lights to worry about then.
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:46 PM   #46

Help low beam headlights

For what it's worth in this discussion - I had an exchange with the FR tech rep on my GT headlights. After all was said and done, it turned out both of my headlights were pointed so far off the road that it created a dangerous dark area in front of us. It appears that they aren't adjusted after installation.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:42 AM   #47

After three day of phone tag I got it touch with a service rep and explained about the headlights. He agreed to send a set of Silverado headlights as a replacement.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:08 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmluka View Post
After three day of phone tag I got it touch with a service rep and explained about the headlights. He agreed to send a set of Silverado headlights as a replacement.
How old is your FR3?
StephanFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 11:22 AM   #49
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

I'd be curious to know if any of you that received, or will be receiving, replacement headlights from FR are out of warranty?

Old 09-30-2015, 11:39 AM   #50

I own a 2014 for about 18 months, it is outside of the warranty. FR did point out to me that I was out of warranty period, but I can't say why they agreed to replace. I did point out that I replaced the bulbs with a silver stars and adjusted the headlights but they were still not giving enough light to drive down the road. The end result is up until my last two trips I did not do any night driving and found out that if I wasn't running the high beams I couldn't see the road.

I will say this about FR, besides finding it tough to get in touch with, when I do there hasn't been an issue that the haven't taken care of or led me in the the right direction to take care of it myself. What we all have to remember is that the Fr3 is still a new line and they are listening to us and making fixes as they go.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:02 PM   #51
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmluka View Post
I own a 2014 for about 18 months, it is outside of the warranty. FR did point out to me that I was out of warranty period, but I can't say why they agreed to replace. I did point out that I replaced the bulbs with a silver stars and adjusted the headlights but they were still not giving enough light to drive down the road. The end result is up until my last two trips I did not do any night driving and found out that if I wasn't running the high beams I couldn't see the road.

I will say this about FR, besides finding it tough to get in touch with, when I do there hasn't been an issue that the haven't taken care of or led me in the the right direction to take care of it myself. What we all have to remember is that the Fr3 is still a new line and they are listening to us and making fixes as they go.
Thanks Jmluka. Can you tell me who you spoke with at FR?

Old 09-30-2015, 12:24 PM   #52

I found the easiest way to get in touch is to call the corporate office listed on the back of the owners manual. Its a toll free # and they will transfer you to the rep assigned to your region.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:48 AM   #53

Plan to watch this as my new Legacy is having the same issues and many in our forum for the coach are trying to chose what we need to do.
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #54

Installed this past weekend. Very easy with two bolts, one top, one bottom. Harness connected right up. Used the bolts to adjust right to left and the internal adjuster to aim height. Took about an hour total, but I had played enough with the original headlights to know where everything was.

So, I can see clearly now at night. Put the cover on, before I thought to take pictures and it has turned cold so I am not going back out to take pictures.
b1barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:38 PM   #55

We ended up having to drive the motorhome the other night and I was shocked at how bad the lights were.
Is there an instruction manual or download to show how or if it is possible to adjust the headlights?
Days Camped 74
twojump36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #56

Sorry twojump36, there is nothing adjust to get the lights brighter. The design and small wattage bulb will just not improve anything. Best bet to try FR for the replacements, or you can go to the local junk yard and look for Silverado fixtures on years 07 through 13. Not sure if the wiring harness' match up. The replacements sent to me from FR connected right to the plugs that were on the coach.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:01 PM   #57

Quote:
Sorry twojump36, there is nothing adjust to get the lights brighter. The design and small wattage bulb will just not improve anything. Best bet to try FR for the replacements, or you can go to the local junk yard and look for Silverado fixtures on years 07 through 13. Not sure if the wiring harness' match up. The replacements sent to me from FR connected right to the plugs that were on the coach.
I guess I am ok with the brightness, though they aren't bright at all, but the biggest problem is they aren't aimed at the road.... I think the right front low beam is not too far off but the left front low beam hits about 12 feet up in the opposite oncoming lane...
I only know this because when I was driving it on that night trip, there was a trailer in front of me at a stop light... the left front is not even close to being adjusted....
I thought it was because I was higher up than in my car.... I guess I thought they must just be "that way". But then I started thinking that semi-trucks are tall and the driver sits way up so they must be able to see at night better than I could...
I truly only had one useable light on low beam.... on high beam, they were not much better.

The only way we made it our destination was to run the fog lights...

My FR3 has terrible night vision.
Days Camped 74
Old 12-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #58

Before I replaced mine, I took the FR to a place with straight flat never used road and adjusted them. There are two bolts, top and bottom that you can use to Aim left and right. I set the low beam adjuster in the middle of the travel and adjusted the housing to be about where I though they should be. Final adjustment was with the adjuster. It was better, but nowhere where the brightness needed to be. Problem is too dim of light and you can over drive the head lights so you can not see far enough to stop when you finally see what is in front of you...
Old 12-01-2015, 05:16 PM   #59

Quote:
Before I replaced mine, I took the FR to a place with straight flat never used road and adjusted them. There are two bolts, top and bottom that you can use to Aim left and right. I set the low beam adjuster in the middle of the travel and adjusted the housing to be about where I though they should be. Final adjustment was with the adjuster. It was better, but nowhere where the brightness needed to be. Problem is too dim of light and you can over drive the head lights so you can not see far enough to stop when you finally see what is in front of you...
I'm assuming the adjustment bolts you are referencing are on the back side of the light housing behind the light fixture... accessed from the black grill?
Days Camped 74
Old 12-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #60

They are on the very top and bottom of the housing. Assess through the girl.

Tags
light