Old 09-02-2016, 10:25 PM   #1
Help please microwave and bedroom Ac

Any help will be appreciated. Microwave stopped working and the bedroom Ac.

Any suggestions? Already checked breaker and reset bathroom gfci is there another gfci?

Adupler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:25 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Help please microwave and bedroom Ac

A/c shouldn't be on a gfci.
You said a/c in bedroom does that mean you have two a/c units?
You should then have two circuit breakers.

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "32"

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:51 PM   #3
Site Team
Blown fuse? Are you plugged into 30 or 50 Amp power?
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:57 AM   #4
Site Team
Originally Posted by Adupler View Post
Any help will be appreciated. Microwave stopped working and the bedroom Ac.

Any suggestions? Already checked breaker and reset bathroom gfci is there another gfci?
We really need more info to figure this out, and can be several things wrong.....and hope you haven't had an over voltage situation, like maybe connecting to a 240 volt outlet somehow.

1. The microwave ONLY works off of 120 volt AC power, and the air conditioner works off of 120 volt AC power too, but also needs 12 volt DC power to the thermostat control for it. So we need to narrow down the problems to 120 volt to begin with.

2. What are you EXACTLY plugged into for 120 volt AC power ? Are you using any kind of adapters on the power cord to possibly plug into something (like a 30 amp outlet)? Are you using the generator? Are you using any kind of EMS (electrical management system) that cuts power to the RV if a problem exists.

If you are at a campground, have you checked the circuit breakers on the campground pedestal?

3. Do other 120 volt AC things work? Television, or something plugged into an electrical outlet?

4. Were these items working, but then quit without any event happening. Like you first connecting to a power pedestal, or anything?

Thanks and hopefully we can narrow down the root cause and get you fixed up.

I am making a few assumptions, since you stated you have a bedroom air conditioner, which I am surmising your RV is of the 50 amp type. A 50 amp RV has two legs of incoming 120 volt AC power, so basically half of your RV is on one leg, while the other half is on the second leg.

If some of the RV's 120 volt stuff is working, but not others, then you could have a problem with just one leg of 120 volt feed...and thus just the things on that one leg are not working.

This is why we need to know what you are connected to for 120 volt power, and HOW you are connected to
same for 120 volt AC power.

Here is a google pic below showing a 50 amp electrical distribution panel so you can see how some stuff is one side, and other stuff is on the other side, as per the diagram above. You may can look at your RV's distribution panel and then see if the items NOT working are all on the same side.

2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I've just ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.... I will keep you posted.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:59 AM   #5
7 Year Class A RV'er
Just a guess on my part, but it sounds to me like maybe you're lost power on one leg of the outlet you're plugged into. Do you have a way to check that?
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:59 PM   #6
I reciently had one wire in the 50 plug on the connecting cable slip away from the screw which killed one side of the breaker panel. Quick fix after isolating the cause.
Gary and Donna
2005 Cardinal 33TS-LX
Trail Air pin box
Center Point suspension
2005 F-350 6.0 psd CC SRW
PullRite Super 5th
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 02:20 PM   #7
I had the same problem. One side of the 50 amp fed those two things. One hot wire was loose in the cable plug. Tightened it up, no more problem.

2013 Coachmen Mirada 35DL
Chuck, Susan, and dogs- Gracie the Registered SnackHound and Toby the Wonder Boxer
Chuck.C is offline   Reply With Quote

bed, roo