Old 01-14-2017, 09:43 AM   #1

How does the FR3 line compare to the GT3

Looking at both of these they seem similar in a lot of way. Curious on build quality and chassis/frame stuff how the two stack up. It's surprisingly hard to find any sort of data comparing these two lines.

manderson2228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 02:48 PM   #2
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

You can go to the Forest River website and download brochures for both models for comparison. As for the chassis, both are built on the Ford F53.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #3

Yea i am not talking about brocure stuff. I am more concerned about the contruction, common problems, overall quality.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:56 AM   #4

Now that FR3 can come with 2 AC units, 5500 watt gen, fiberglass roof, the differences are becoming less and less I think. Since most of us don't follow the GT forum, we wouldn't really know what quality issues they have. We didn't pick the GT based on the layout mainly. IMHO, quality for all the models are suspect. We're taking entry Class A coaches here. But if your handy, most of the issues aren't that big to over come. Not enough for us to drive 2 hrs to a FR dealer and let them jack us around for weeks.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasFR3 View Post
Now that FR3 can come with 2 AC units, 5500 watt gen, fiberglass roof, the differences are becoming less and less I think. Since most of us don't follow the GT forum, we wouldn't really know what quality issues they have. We didn't pick the GT based on the layout mainly. IMHO, quality for all the models are suspect. We're taking entry Class A coaches here. But if your handy, most of the issues aren't that big to over come. Not enough for us to drive 2 hrs to a FR dealer and let them jack us around for weeks.
It does seem that they are fairly close, which is kind of curious why the same company would make such similar models. You dont hear much on the GT3 though.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:51 AM   #6

We just went on a plant tour of the FR3 and GT3. Both are made in the same plant with both as far as structural are the same. The differences comes in to the finishing touches inside, different cabinet finishes, etc. So the GT has higher finishes compared to the FR3. We own a FR3 28ds and very happy with it.

McDowelb is offline   Reply With Quote