Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2016, 02:34 PM   #1

If you were wondering, driving cabin windows take 4 weeks to build... ['16 30DS]

A little over 3 weeks ago we walked out of the house to find the RV window in a million pieces... Luckily we have full glass but apparently no one stocks the windows and we have been waiting for one to be manufactured. So whatever you do, dont break a side window!

Knoxie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:14 PM   #2

Who told you this, an FR3 dealer or a glass shop?
Old 10-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatch View Post
Who told you this, an FR3 dealer or a glass shop?
Insurance company forwarded us onto They handled everything so far. Well, they put us in contact with Duncan Systems (rvglass.com) who handles all the ordering/install for us. They specialize in RV windshields and windows.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:24 PM   #4

Good luck, I hope it gets replaced soon. It just sounds strange. One would think that a Forest River Dealer could order one and get it much quicker from the factory. But that's what happens when you have to deal with an insurance company.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:24 PM   #5
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Our insurance company had me deal with Duncan direct when I needed my windshield replaced on our 30DS. Very easy to deal with. Shipped right away and a week later the glass installer called to make an appointment to come and install it. All together took a little over 2 weeks. Duncan also supplies the glass to FR so, it's a little odd that it would take so long to get your replacement glass since they probably have it in stock. But again, insurance companies like to drag their feet. Can be very frustrating

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 04:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivmsafe View Post
All together took a little over 2 weeks. Duncan also supplies the glass to FR so, it's a little odd that it would take so long to get your replacement glass since they probably have it in stock. But again, insurance companies like to drag their feet. Can be very frustrating
Yes, very frustrating. I pushed hard to try and find one 'in stock' but apparently no one had one. I think part of the problem is that it's a side window, the girl said it's almost immediate for windshields

Not having one in stock makes no sense to me, especially when I think they use the same window design for that one for several years, and still use them on the new ones!
Old 10-05-2016, 01:25 PM   #7

Maybe.
RV Windshield Replacement | Recreational Vehicle Windshield Replacement and Repair | RV Glass Solutions
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:35 PM   #8

I'll keep that in mind if my current window doesnt come in but it should be in this week. (Fingers crossed)
Old 10-05-2016, 03:16 PM   #9

Recreational Industry

Heck, I think it is the industry. Camper has been in for almost 3 months now with big side window blown out. My son-in-law's camper took 4 months and still isn't complete. Our new power boat has problems that still haven't been completed. Went by one major camper shop and the lights were off and nobody home. The yard was full of work to be done. I think they have more service writers than techs to do the jobs.
sailtrkr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window