Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraG View Post
Okay, somewhere on this forum somebody posted a list of typical current draws for various appliances, etc. Should have saved it when I saw it. Now I can't find it. Has anyone else seen this and, if so, where?

Thanks.

Barbara
I think this is what you're looking for.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...aws-17300.html
PhotoMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #42

Exactly. Thanks.
BarbaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #43

Charging of coach batteries is from where?

I've looked at the battery control center schematic but still can't determine.

Other than while on shore power or generator, is there a connection to the chassis alternator that charges the coach batteries during travel?
There appears to be a 20a fuse that is labeled "trailer charging line". But that leads back to the coach batteries itself and the chassis battery.

I'm planning to install a 1000 W pure sine inverter to the coach batteries as step one of an eventual solar install. The inverter install would include a remote on off and power display. This will be to run the kitchen tv and and dish in motion winegard and receiver. The expectation is that the Wineguard in motion plus the dish receiver and tv may run as much as 6hours during the day or while underway. I suspect unless the alternator is charging coach batteries this will drain the coach batteries quickly until parking and plugging in to shore power nightly. I suppose I should do the math.

Assuming there is an alternator charge line from the chassis, would I want to tax that all day while driving? And if there is wouldn't there need to be some sophisticated powers sensing isolator device that would (in the event the Onan gen was run initializing the charger) to keep the alternator charge from competing with the converter charger?

Would my best bet be to simply to buy and install the solar panels and solar charge controller?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1415286039.861347.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	65917
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter