Old 09-08-2017, 10:08 PM   #1

Irma

First long trip fleeing Irma took 19hrs to go 350 miles from south Florida to Georgia so far everything ran great except the cameras lost them early in the trip
Frankie D

frankie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 10:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie D View Post
First long trip fleeing Irma took 19hrs to go 350 miles from south Florida to Georgia so far everything ran great except the cameras lost them early in the trip
Frankie D
Just a little farther north along the coast and you will be out of it all. Looking for next to nothing here on the NC/SC border.

CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:49 AM   #3

We bugged out of Titusville FL with wife, MIL,SIL, 3 dogs and 4 cats in our 30DS. Took 2 days to get to PCB. Avg speed for 360 mile trip was 28 MPH. We may be evacuated from here too. Hey Irma, I may be slow but I'm faster than you.
Good SAM # 807510227
FROG # GA-0056-236
FMCA # F471293
Jlreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #4

Hope everyone is safe.

Evacuated Fort Lauderdale Wednesday night. (and we just got back from Bahia Honda on Labor Day!!) Lots of unloading and re-packing! Made it two days later to family in central Alabama with DW and our 3 dogs in the 28DS.

Hell of an adventure. First boondocking experience. Walmart parking lot off Turnpike on Osceaola Pkwy. Very romantic. All systems worked as they should. Really first time using fresh water tank and pump.

Did get some condensation inside bottom passenger side. Turning the A/C to MAX will shut the latch in the motor compartment and starts using the inside. Similar to what other car brands call recirculation I guess. That fixed that problem.

Fridge has been running on propane for 5 days now, and I really don't see the L.P. gauge moving much, so that's good. I also feel that the fridge is colder on L.P..

Will start heading south again tomorrow.

God Bless.
DutchRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:14 AM   #5

Drive safe we moved from south western Georgia yesterday came about 110 mi east and spent the night rocking with wind and rain going to try heading home later today
frankie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #6

Running from IRMA

We packed up and drive to Aiken SC, wonderful campground there and with the 36 hours of rain and winds to 65mph, it held up fine, no leaks and we did put the slides in for the high wind. Made it back, did the CHF and getting it all loaded for the upcoming trip to the Rally, and then places west and north.

Orider is offline   Reply With Quote