Old 06-17-2015, 08:21 AM   #11

Wow. I'm kind of shocked that you're not getting great service from Shorewood because they've always taken such good care of us. Hate to see you miss a trip. We've got one coming up and I need to have some service first. Hope I don't run into any trouble.

Live Aloha
spicyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #12

Dealerships are really hit or miss. The one I use in Coeur d'Alene Idaho, Lake City Ford, has been wonderful and most helpful for any issues that have occurred or questions I have on their side.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:24 AM   #13

Call direct to Ford RV service division. They will find a dealer to take care of this problem. We have used them twice for similar problems.
1-800-444-3311
Old 06-17-2015, 03:48 PM   #14

I contacted a ford dealership in isanti Mn not far from my home. The service man there said he would have a new bracket and mounting hard wear for me in 2 days. I just bit the Hamiltons and will pay cash out of my pocket for it. I just assumed that when I'm told by the dealer that the 1st year is bumper to bumper 100% warrantee that when I call with a problem the last thing l should hear is no, we won't do that. I'm going to replace both sides with grade 8 nuts and bolts, using nylon locking nuts with lock tight juice. Yesterday I stopped at 2 bone yards looking for something ford heavy duty that l might get those brackets...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434569987.142324.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	80273
I found this ol girl and it had both of its sway bar brackets, I looked at lots of ford stuff out there and they all had sway bar brackets, every single one of them... So this issue of fords new stuff falling apart is something ford be ashamed of and even more ashamed that they don't step up and fix this issue. I want the sway bars hooked and, JeNNYs a big girl and deserves top notch care. And l owe at least that to my family and the families on the road driving around me to include the ford owners and employees and their family's that the vehicles are safe and well maintained. I will not cut corners on safety. Sway bars are a safety component. So anyway l learned a lot about the dealer, ford and FR. Safety isn't top on there list.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2000 Jeep TJ Moab Rock Crawler
2013 Jeep JK
USS Seattle (AOE-3) 84-88 Wayne
US Army 06-15 Sherry
Old 06-17-2015, 04:07 PM   #15

well since ford has not shown due diligence, id just get the sway bar fixed and present them a bill. Let FR get it from ford, youve documented here. let the reps speak up. I would check the partition between the incoming and outgoing air on the AC. just pull the grill and have a look. other than the roof gasket, thats the most important seal. get some good aluminum metal tape at ace if you got a leak, which you prolly do. check to see the foam liners to the ducting are sealed to the sealing as well. get a handy type friend to help you if your not up to it. there is no excuse you go through the 4th with no ac in a new unit.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:58 PM   #16

I'll take a look at that Crockett, thank you. The AC unit dose leak, it's poured water out of it into the RV every time it's rained. We had huge rains in Nebraska. I'll be released once I get that rear sway bar back in shape. When I'm done it won't come loose again. I fully understand suspensions, especially leaf springs being a life long Jeeper. Sway bars are important in helping to control the RV. I even still have my sway bars hooked up in my off road Jeep, but l have them on a system that l can disengage the sway bars for off roading and re engage for black top high way use.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry
Old 06-22-2015, 08:04 PM   #17

A/C Leaking water onto the floor.

I had the same problem during a very windy rain storm, while I was running the A/C fan on auto.I did find info, that in high humidity the fan should not be set on auto, but I doubt it would cause enough condensation to cause the amount of water that leaked onto the floor. If I find anything else out I will definitely let you know.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:42 AM   #18

Thanks Jimcarter. We had the fan set to high, just a fyi.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry