Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2015, 02:23 AM   #1

JeNNYs going in

Just after the 4th we are bringing JeNNY back to the dealer for the following issues:

1) asking the dealer to stabilize the dash. It shook so badly that the camera monitor would flicker. Also my poor CB radio got the heck shook out of it. This concerns me.

2) AC is a Atwood, and it's pretty worthless, it blows no air thru the roof vents, spills water out of it into JeNNY all over the floor and didn't stand a chance of cooking JeNNYs inside at all.

3) fresh water tank over fill / siphon issue. Twice when we thought the water tank was full by both visual thru water heater compartment and gage inside JeNNY by the bathroom, and after traveling and stopping for the night, my beautiful wife taking a navy shower, and we're both experienced RVer's and vets and know how to take a navy shower though l suspect a women's navy shower is more wet than a mans navy shower, found her self out of water in no time. I couldn't be leave it both times! And also now I'm concerned both the water heater and water pump could have been damaged. Also at the camp sight while filling the tank if you over fill it, and l did, the tank just siphoneds its self dry. What a mess in the camp sight and imbarresment when all the other campers come walking over to see what the flooding is all about.

Anyone else experience any of these problems?

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2000 Jeep TJ Moab Rock Crawler
2013 Jeep JK
USS Seattle (AOE-3) 84-88 Wayne
US Army 06-15 Sherry
wayne and sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 04:19 AM   #2

Note on Atwood AC unit. Should be "didn't stand a chance of COOLING the inside of JeNNY. Cooking is a typo.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry
Old 06-10-2015, 03:01 PM   #3

Have them seal the front and rear caps in the ceiling. There's a lot of space up in the roof and the cold air goes to the front and back and doesn't find its way through the vents.

They did that to mine and it seems to work a little better, but still isn't good enough. I'm going to have to buy another unit eventually, I guess.

2015 FR3 30DS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
MaltnHops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:21 PM   #4

JeNNYs going in

How do they seal the caps?
b1barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 11:46 PM   #5

JeNNYs going in

Our AC works well. Took the cover off and made sure the ducts were clear. ( very early post ). Mine were full of styrofoam.

Then made sure the fan is on Auto so it blows hard until cool then shifts to low. Make sure to start the AC very early in the AM set at 65.

We have fantastic fans with rain hoods front and rear. I leave the vents a touch open and run the fans on low pulling out.

Awning out and window shades pulled. Windows closed.

90's temp will stay 74 inside. Shade helps, but not required.

Have had issues with the cameras not working.

Made a support under the dash as mine also bounced. Looking at the dash design when looking at the cameras, found two 2x4s under a steel frame that top of the dash rests on. Too bad they needed another ¼ inch to be tight.

Fixed the siphon issue with the FR fix.

Had the rear bumper paint bubble and FR fixed.

Have fixed almost all the rattles and is very quiet now.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:06 AM   #6

To seal the caps just remove the AC vents at the far front and rear and use expanding spray foam to seal off the front and rear caps. About 20% of your cold air gets trapped in these caps is what I was told.

2015 FR3 30DS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
MaltnHops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #7

Thanks, another project
Old 06-16-2015, 09:37 PM   #8

Wayne, I just had the caps filled at Shorewood a couple months ago. I think that's where you purchased yours, too. It did make a little difference. Talk to Jim in service. If necessary, they'll have to contact Forest River for authorization, but that shouldn't be a problem.
spicyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:50 AM   #9

Thanks spicyrv. Right now I'm having trouble with Shorewood RV, Ford and Forest River. I was under our RV changing the oil last Friday, and after that l greased up the steering. I then wondered if the U joints were greaseable, (there not) but in flooding the drive line it lead me to the rear axle where l discovered the rear sway bar mounting clamp on the drivers side was missing..Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434526410.381482.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	80222
The passengers side clamp was still there but the bolts were loose and it was about to also fall off.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434526490.838950.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	80223
I'm trying to get Shorewood RV to call who ever they deal with when it comes to chassis issues and get me a new clamp, but service told me to call Boyer ford in Rodgers and they will take of me. The parts man at Boyer, and 2 other ford places told me that ford will not warrantee any missing parts. I guess they figure I'm taking my new RV apart and selling it pice by pice on eBay or something. I then contacted forest River and got basically the same response. We are suppose to head out in less than 2 weeks on another vacation thru the 4th of July and service can't get me in till the 10th of July. It's looking like my wife and l are going to have to cancel our trip, no one wants to help me with this issue. We are beside our selfs. This being my 1st ford product and the way I'm being treated by all 3 parties has just blown us out of the water. I'm a returning customer at Shorewood, this being my 2nd RV from them and the service attitude is they could care less. My trust level has been damaged fully with all 3 parties. We can't be leave this is how we are being treated. My wife tells me that she will kill me if l make another payment on the RV, that's how upset we are. We just can't be leave the roodness that came from the ford service guys, and main ford roadside service group. All l can say is unreal!

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry
Old 06-17-2015, 02:51 AM   #10

Flooding should have been following

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry
Old 06-17-2015, 07:21 AM   #11

Wow. I'm kind of shocked that you're not getting great service from Shorewood because they've always taken such good care of us. Hate to see you miss a trip. We've got one coming up and I need to have some service first. Hope I don't run into any trouble.
spicyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:59 AM   #12

Dealerships are really hit or miss. The one I use in Coeur d'Alene Idaho, Lake City Ford, has been wonderful and most helpful for any issues that have occurred or questions I have on their side.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:24 AM   #13

Call direct to Ford RV service division. They will find a dealer to take care of this problem. We have used them twice for similar problems.
1-800-444-3311
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:48 PM   #14

I contacted a ford dealership in isanti Mn not far from my home. The service man there said he would have a new bracket and mounting hard wear for me in 2 days. I just bit the Hamiltons and will pay cash out of my pocket for it. I just assumed that when I'm told by the dealer that the 1st year is bumper to bumper 100% warrantee that when I call with a problem the last thing l should hear is no, we won't do that. I'm going to replace both sides with grade 8 nuts and bolts, using nylon locking nuts with lock tight juice. Yesterday I stopped at 2 bone yards looking for something ford heavy duty that l might get those brackets...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434569987.142324.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	80273
I found this ol girl and it had both of its sway bar brackets, I looked at lots of ford stuff out there and they all had sway bar brackets, every single one of them... So this issue of fords new stuff falling apart is something ford be ashamed of and even more ashamed that they don't step up and fix this issue. I want the sway bars hooked and, JeNNYs a big girl and deserves top notch care. And l owe at least that to my family and the families on the road driving around me to include the ford owners and employees and their family's that the vehicles are safe and well maintained. I will not cut corners on safety. Sway bars are a safety component. So anyway l learned a lot about the dealer, ford and FR. Safety isn't top on there list.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry
Old 06-17-2015, 03:07 PM   #15

well since ford has not shown due diligence, id just get the sway bar fixed and present them a bill. Let FR get it from ford, youve documented here. let the reps speak up. I would check the partition between the incoming and outgoing air on the AC. just pull the grill and have a look. other than the roof gasket, thats the most important seal. get some good aluminum metal tape at ace if you got a leak, which you prolly do. check to see the foam liners to the ducting are sealed to the sealing as well. get a handy type friend to help you if your not up to it. there is no excuse you go through the 4th with no ac in a new unit.
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #16

I'll take a look at that Crockett, thank you. The AC unit dose leak, it's poured water out of it into the RV every time it's rained. We had huge rains in Nebraska. I'll be released once I get that rear sway bar back in shape. When I'm done it won't come loose again. I fully understand suspensions, especially leaf springs being a life long Jeeper. Sway bars are important in helping to control the RV. I even still have my sway bars hooked up in my off road Jeep, but l have them on a system that l can disengage the sway bars for off roading and re engage for black top high way use.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry
Old 06-22-2015, 07:04 PM   #17

A/C Leaking water onto the floor.

I had the same problem during a very windy rain storm, while I was running the A/C fan on auto.I did find info, that in high humidity the fan should not be set on auto, but I doubt it would cause enough condensation to cause the amount of water that leaked onto the floor. If I find anything else out I will definitely let you know.
jimcarterhb1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 01:42 AM   #18

Thanks Jimcarter. We had the fan set to high, just a fyi.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry