Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #1

Just bought fr3 25ds

Just bought 2014 and before I even made my first payment the rear bed slide motor broke, leveling Jacks don't work, the ac intermittently turns off and a few other cosmetic problems. Hope I didn't make a bad decision and praying I can work the bugs out before my one year warranty runs out. Just want to see if anyone has the same experiences. Also getting your rv into an approved forest river authorized dealer is a two to three week wait and I hear it will take a few weeks to fix the problems. On the positive side love the look of the rv and drives very nice.
matthewdeweese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:36 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi there! Sorry to hear about the trouble with your RV but hope all is taken care of ASAP so you can start enjoying it. Hopefully other members will be dropping in to say hello and offer feedback too but they might be still be at the BBQ.

Good luck.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #3

What a bummer. You might give Forest River warranty a call and talk to them. I think Justin is the guy who handles the FR3. I have the 30DS and have had none of those problems, though I have heard of people having trouble with the slide.

Did you check the fuse for the leveling jacks? It's down there in the battery compartment.

I say push through, get the dealer to fix the problems under the warranty, and go on to enjoy.

Good luck.

Barbara
BarbaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:00 PM   #4

Thanks so much barbara. How would I get justin number? I think I just need to get the bugs worked out and I will be fine..
Old 09-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #5

Matthew,

Justin's number is 574 296 7700. Ask for him specifically. He was helpful when I called about an issue with my windshield (not seated fully).

If you look through the posts you'll see others discussing problems with the bed slide. I'm crossing my fingers as I've been lucky thus far.

Enjoy!

Barbara
BarbaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:15 PM   #6

Thanks so much barbara. I appriciate your help. I'm sure it will all work out.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #7
Motoring

Jacks will not work if the emergency brake is not engaged and you need the motor running. Read the instructions carefully on the jacks until you get the hang of it. Don't push buttons frantically, just go nice and slow and let the system wake up and then push auto and wait for the blinking green light to appear.
grotto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:24 AM   #8

Tried all that. I can here the cylinder turning but no Jacks are going down. I finally got the rv into mike thompsons for service. Let's hope everything works out. Thanks so much for your feed back.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #9

My rear slide broke first trip out too. Got it repaired right away and under warranty but it didn't make me too happy.

TV cabinet latch broke - one over galley area - made of plastic. And door arm at base that held door open also broke - socket part made of plastic too.

These FR3 are sure pretty but fragile.

Madelyn
Madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #10

I agree. I'm hoping I work the bugs out before my warenty goes out. I do thing that the Ford chassis is solid.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #11

I agree I'm happy with Ford - runs great - drives great too. But plastic and RV parts do not mix. I've only had my FR3 since May so i have time to find more problems before the warranty expires. Lol
Madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 11:05 PM   #12

Yes I agree. Figure it out now. Kinda was thinking about an extended warranty but not sure.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:41 AM   #13

I hope your FR3 issues get worked out, Matthew. There are some cheap parts on the FR3, I think every FR3 owner will attest to that. Most of us have had issues. Luckily, most issues seem to get the problems fixed then they're able to enjoy a relatively trouble-free motorhome. There are exceptions, of course, but the vast majority of us have no problems on our trips. Enjoy your coach!
spicyrv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
25ds