Old 06-12-2014, 09:31 PM   #21

our ds25, the foot section that flips up is thicker than the head section. the slide section is higher than the foot section, thus making the bed relatively level. the problem we have, is the bed split is not right on the slide drop, about 12" off, and it falls right where my ass lays, so it sinks down. I put 2 sections of 2x6 lumber under the section of bed to level off

Old 06-12-2014, 10:42 PM   #22

Thanks I also tended to sink into the crack between the mattresses. Good to know there is a solution. But I'm not sure I want to mess with fiddling with the bedding every time I put the slide in. Does anyone know if the 30DS also folds or if it slides in? I'm going to try and see the Thor Hurricane 27K and Forest River Georgetown 270s for other king bed options. The 30DS seems too long for me. I can't even look at the Thor Aces because the glue gives me a sore throat and starts to make my throat close up before I can finish looking at the features so I think I'm allergic to their glues.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #23

The 2015 30DS also has a 72"X80" king bed. The bed does not have to fold when the slide comes in. The true length of the 30DS is 31'10". Between the three coaches, the 30DS offers a deep seated sofa with foot rest which is located right in front the TV, Great for rainy days.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:04 PM   #24

a bit off topic, why can't they name the size of these coaches what they actually are, the 25ds is closer to 27, thus should be 27ds and like FR3.. says, the 30ds is closer to 32', so 32ds
you would think FS would want to inflate the length, not minimize it, marketing ??
Old 06-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #25

As it was explained to me, most coaches are named after the interior space. This could be square footage or interior length for living space. I hope that answers your question
Old 07-27-2014, 12:26 PM   #26

We also didn't care for the dip that ended up hurting our back so we added 3- 5/8" 12" by 6' plywood glued and nailed together with sheet plastic glued to the bottom and metal straps securing to the rug over plywood so it will slide when moving the pop out and in. We have the 2015 ds25 which is in the dealer for a issue with ac tripping breaker while cruzing down the road!
Old 08-06-2014, 01:47 PM   #27

Brewster,
Can you send a photo of the modification you did to the bed. We have never had a problem since we switched the mattress with the shorter section at the head. Before bringing in the slide I fold the head section and then slide the mattress towards the head board. Finally. I fold the mattress up to form a couch, with the top corners tucked behind the window valances. It takes less than a minute each way, and I can easily sleep on the bed sideways with the slide in.
I am not sure what the issue is you are fixing. I checked and. I do see the supporting boards are a little thinner in the part that folds down but we have never felt it.

I am going to remove the hidden fold up plywood under the head of the bed. I do not know how many have that, it looks like it would allow you to fold up the head of the bed with the slide out.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 08-06-2014, 02:04 PM   #28

I would love to send you a picture of my little modification but my dealer has my rig is had it for 2 weeks for an air conditioning problem and now it I hear that they're going to have it another 2 weeks or more so you have to be patient with me on that one
Old 06-30-2015, 12:37 PM   #29

You cannot call the 27ds a 32 because my 32ds is 34 feet!!!

midniter is offline   Reply With Quote